torsion keys help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To install 3/4 ton shafts it will take ALOT of work. I know you would have to change out the front diff and some of the suspension I think. Hopefully someone else will chime in. Also 1 ton keys will not make your suspension any stronger.

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, torsion keys wont beef up the suspension. the article i posted before has alot of info about the suspension. as far as the axle shafts, you have to change out the front diff completely. it's cheaper than an SAS i'm sure, but, it's still expensive. If you want to beef up the suspension to something along the lines of the 3/4 tons, i'll be doing a big swap in about 2-3 weeks and i'll detail it as best i can. i'm putting in HD bars and a 6"lift.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Did any 2500s or 3500s come with 4:10's? Would be cheaper to upgrade the front diff front a junk yard if so than re-gearing the half ton one...

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
410s are abundant but remember if you swap in a complete 3/4 or 1ton front its 8 lug