torsion key question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as all have said they do nothing.

nbs I heard they do work and get more.

If they get you more lift on an obs compared to stock, then yes your bars are worn and now they are gonna wear at an increased rate. You don't beleive me, go to rough country and talk to a rep. I had one tell me that exact thing.

603 z71

Reaction score
damn, it only need like .75-1" to be level. well if i do go with a lift i probably would only do 4" it all depends on my budget. on another note i just called one of my buddies that i used to work with at NTB and i still get discounts on tires and only gottta pay 20 bucks for an alignment :p

Last edited:

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
If you just want to crank to level it will wear out your parts a little faster and ride a little rougher but for the most part its ok. It sounded like you wanted to crank like 3" which is BAD

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it's like a spring it just doesn't hold the weight up anymore.

In this case this spring twists to spring basically. Think of the t bar as a piece of twisted rope, when it's new the twists are nice and tight, firm and hold alot of weight, when it gets old and unravles and comes apart then it gets weak.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Exatcly...it works as a spring because its basically a straight bar with hex shaped ends. When the bar is twisted, or a torsional force is applied (hence the name) it wants to return to its original position. After years and years of doing this very quickly, it just gets worn and starts to develop a little bit of a permanent twist