torsion key question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

603 z71

Reaction score
hey guys, i know ive heard about cranking the torsion keys and that they will ruin the front end. would putting 2" lift keys be any different front end wise? i was looking at the performance acceseries 5" lift kit which is 3" body 2" suspension. would that kill my front end quickly iuo?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Yep, keys for these trucks do the exact same thing as cranking the bars. Dont get the kit...if you want a lift just do a body lift or save up for an RCX suspension lift

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
keys wont do anything for you and will do just as much damage as stock keys when you crank them

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Putting lift keys on will have the same effect as the stock keys (or worse) because the "lift keys" will be turning the torsion bars just like the stock keys but just have a greater range of motion. A lot of people on this site say that the stock keys will lift the truck all the way to the bump stops making the lift keys useless. I Put lift keys on mine and it did lift the front end farther than the stock keys. This could be that my torsion bars are warn to the point that they do not have as much spring in them anymore. Also, My ride is extremely rough with the keys turned up far enough to run my 305/70/16s on my 16x10 wheels.

My personal opinion would be to wait and get a 4-6 inch lift and crank it to 5"

Hope this helps

603 z71

Reaction score
thanks guys, i was lookin around a lil and think i might try leveling the front a lil since its sagging. i need and alignment anyways since im doing both front hubs. i think i only need like .75" adjustment so its should do to much harm since the cv angles will still be decent.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
so if they do nothing for these trucks... is it the same for NBS? i got a set for my nbs... just never installed yet

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
so if they do nothing for these trucks... is it the same for NBS? i got a set for my nbs... just never installed yet

from what i hear they work great on the nbs trucks can get 3 inches or more outa them

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do not crank save up for a real lift.mine is cranked and now im getting a lift...mine is so dang stiff its unreal cranked 2 inches...