torsion bar tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
I am looking for a torsion bar tool so I can put my 2500 bars in or some help to a cheaper good one would be helpful. thanks! :rockit:

I am also looking for a needle cluster the will work with a 90 style gauge plug in

Last edited:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Uhhh don't use a ball joint press. If you don't want to buy one then do what I did. Get a fairly large c-clamp and knock the swivel off the end so you have a ball tip on the end which will fit into the dimple provided on the key for unloading. Make sure you stay clear from under the crossmember and the bars when your unloading it just in case it slips off the key. Don't use anything that doesn't have a small ball end to fit in that dimple.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Me and plenty of other people have used a ball joint press without injuring anyone. Just take the adjuster bolts all the way out first so you're not applying force at an angle and you're not taking them out while the pressure is on the press.

Make sure vehicle's weight is not on front suspension, UCA should be resting on drop stop.
Remove adjuster bolts
Apply pressure to key with press, just enough to pull out the pieces the bolts thread into. (Pull, don't push. You don't want your finger in there on the 0.00001% chance that something does go wrong in that 60 second period)
Release pressure slowly. With no weight on it and the suspension at full drop there shouldn't be much pressure anyway.

There's really not much that can go wrong doing it that way. If you're trying to do this without backing the bolts out then you're asking for trouble no matter what tool you use.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just rent one from auto zone. There's a lot of power in these bars and if something slip and your in the wrong area your in for a world of hurt.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
No auto stores in my area have one

Sent from underneath my truck