Torsion bar experts in here please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
ya mine pulls right and the steering wheel is to the left. not really sure of how much adjustment there is in the steering wheel. i'm considering getting new tires and possibly going back to my factory wheel and factory size as i never really go off road and spend 90% of my time on the highway. i know the 285 bfg all terrain isn't helping matters on the highway.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine never pulls an lots of people run 285 with no issues. If its the normal bfg ats I doubt its the tire.

Is it possible your steering box has play in it. Or maybe your rag joint is bad.

Edit: reading back through shows no mention of it pulling before the bars were changed. If you were running the same wheel an tire combo before this work was done with no issues then that further rules them (wheels/tires) out imo

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
before the bars it pulled slightly to the right and wheel was barely to the right too. i have run multiple trucks with 285s and all was well too but they sure don't help.

Last edited:

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
yepperz. It would centr up nicely fer a few miles then start pulling again. Ive tried toe in, toe out, and all in-between. Prolly some ball joint/control arm issue. Ball joints are new but the Idler/pitman arms are due.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yepperz. It would centr up nicely fer a few miles then start pulling again. Ive tried toe in, toe out, and all in-between. Prolly some ball joint/control arm issue. Ball joints are new but the Idler/pitman arms are due.

Then don't take it to that alignment shop ever again. Any good alignment shop will not align it if there are worn out components

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
new bars at the dealer are $200 and up a piece.

No way I'd give that kinda cash for them.