Torsion bar experts in here please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
crank the PS up and level it out, simple solution and woul dfix the problem.

again they DO NOT HAVE TO BE EQUAL!!!!!!!!

Mines level from side to side and my PS is maxxed but my ds is half screwed out.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
ok so i played a bit more. didn't max out completely. backs measure dead on at 37 each. front driver around 36 3/4 and front passenger around 36 1/4. haven't had a chance to drive it and see how it rides. here are the bolts current position.

passenger
You must be registered for see images attach

driver
You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
you could try to tighten the passenger all the way and leave the drivers side where it is. I'd say you must have a weak bar on the passenger side.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
X2 above. I prefer to have my suspension parts functioning properly. But I don't always have the cash to do that. The problem with uneven bolts is if u want a higher lift or the PS bar fatigues more, yer stuck.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
Yep and after driving this morning it settled and measured off by almost 3/4 inch in front and 3/4 inch in back. Both passenger lower. I will be stopping by the dealer tomorrow.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yep and after driving this morning it settled and measured off by almost 3/4 inch in front and 3/4 inch in back. Both passenger lower. I will be stopping by the dealer tomorrow.

you probably just need 1 new passenger side bar. but the dealer will probably try to sell you 2 new bars and 2 new leaf springs!

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
my father has had a long time relationship with the service writer and dealer so i will at least let them take a look and make a recommendation. i would choose to replace both sides at once. always had the mind set with suspension that you do to both sides at you do to one. any one know of a legit seller of a quality OEM new torsion bar? don't want to buy used. thanks guys.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
Soooooooo 2 new gm bars and what a difference!!!!! Now i want new leaf springs out back! Rides much much better. Leveled out everything 90%. Only thing now is they (dealer) are have an issue getting it aligned. The computer shows everything to be dead on perfect but it pulls right and the wheel is left. Swapped wheels and tires around just to be sure and no change.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
My 97 has pulled to the left with every alignment I've ever done. And me being a tech and having the best frontend guys align it, it still pulls to the left, so I deal with it. It doesn't eat tires so idk.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ObsGus