tinted or smoked legal or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is why I'm hesitant on doing mine. I actually like the red anyways. There's 1 or 2 aftermarket ones on ebay that actually look good (not tinted or smoked) so you could might go that route. Why is this in Audio/Electronics?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im pretty sure the headlights are the only ones that are illegal

Just because Greg didn't get a ticket, doesn't make them legal. Tinted lights are illegal. Plain and simple. Headlights, taillights, parking lights...it doesn't matter. It's illegal.

Now, like I said before, as long as you're careful about the resulting light output and visibility and don't run into any dick cops, you'll likely be fine. I don't doubt that you can get by without ever having any trouble from the law for it. But you asked if it was legal or not. The answer is that it's not. So, with that knowledge, you can't very well get upset if you do decide to tint them and one day possibly get busted for it. You were warned.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man, i think it wouldbe ok around here but there is just one cop thats an a hole but we dont usually see him

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just because Greg didn't get a ticket, doesn't make them legal. Tinted lights are illegal. Plain and simple. Headlights, taillights, parking lights...it doesn't matter. It's illegal.

Now, like I said before, as long as you're careful about the resulting light output and visibility and don't run into any dick cops, you'll likely be fine. I don't doubt that you can get by without ever having any trouble from the law for it. But you asked if it was legal or not. The answer is that it's not. So, with that knowledge, you can't very well get upset if you do decide to tint them and one day possibly get busted for it. You were warned.
Word, it's all about the mood the cop is in.

BOTMAN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a fix it ticket for mine. Just had to get stock lights on for it to go away, then put my tinted one back on.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i used to have really dark tails, but i took them off, didnt want to attract more attention, plus i like stockers.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run a set of dark tail's on our burb, but I always have in my mind that I could get pulled over for it too.