Timing mark unreadable.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
12V to the G pin = nothing.
12V to the E pin on the relay = nothing
12V on the fuel pump side of the inline fuse = nothing

Time to pull the effing bed.

Pulling this bed is getting too easy. I put 12V straight to the fuel pump and got nothing more than a dull thud. The pump is shorted.

Time to troll Amazon to see what the warranty is. Grrrrrrr.

EDIT: 30 day return policy. I bought this POS back in March. I give up.

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe this time get an ACDELCO EP381 from a 96 Vortec. Summit Racing or Rock Auto has them.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, IIRC 155 L/Hr (@60 PSI) as approsed to ~75 L/Hr (@13 PSI) on the TBI pump. Your pressure regulator will work fine with it, you'll just have a more robust pump.
Ah well. I've already ordered the year-correct pump from Rock Auto. I'll keep that pump in mind, though.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
where was your delphi pump made?

I know where you're going with that question. The answer is "Hell if I know". I can speculate where it was made, however, it's best not to ask questions that you don't want to know the answer to.

Now, it's time for something in this thread which we refer to in the gaming world as an "add on".

Meaning, the original topic was timing marks. Well, now that this hoopty runs, it put my attention to the rear driveshaft because I had noticed a lot of slop in the driveshaft while messing with the fuel lines. It turns out that I have the wrong pinion yoke in my rear diff build. JUST EFFIN PERFECT............ So now I'm "adding on" a new problem in this thread.

I say this because the u-joint cap diameter is too small for the yoke, but a perfect fit for the rear driveshaft. The "correct" solution here is to install a smaller yoke (it's still a 30 spline, just smaller diameter cap saddles). That also means tearing apart EVERYTHING that I've just built. :mad: :confused:

If you guys want actual numbers, I have a Spicer 5-795X U-joint in there now. Apparently that's the same as a GM 3R Series. I don't know much about U-joints, but it has 1.125" end caps. The yoke is 1.188".

Those 63 thousandths of an inch make a huge difference.

Meh, it's ok, because to justify re-mortgaging my house to pay for shipping on the new yoke, I went ahead and dropped the dime on brand new leaf springs. This damn truck better pass inspection when the time comes, because I'm going to be living in it for how much money I'm spending.

The part that ****** me off here is that, in order to remove the original leaf springs, I have to tear the bed off YET AGAIN!@#$

EDIT: WOW..... p.isses is censored. WTF...

Last edited: