Throttle Body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any difference between the 5.7 Vortec throttle body and the 7.4 Vortec throttle body?

I've seen different post stating different things! Such as "It's the same size all the way through instead of tapering like the L31s, and it doesn't have that foot on the bottom of the throttle blade." and that you can adapt the 7.4 Vortec throttle body by simply exchanging the shafts?

I've been going to port out my 5.7 Vortec throttle body but if the 7.4 Vortec throttle body is the same size a the way though it would sure save allot of time!

Thank You!

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there any difference between the 5.7 Vortec throttle body and the 7.4 Vortec throttle body?

I've seen different post stating different things! Such as "It's the same size all the way through instead of tapering like the L31s, and it doesn't have that foot on the bottom of the throttle blade." and that you can adapt the 7.4 Vortec throttle body by simply exchanging the shafts?

I've been going to port out my 5.7 Vortec throttle body but if the 7.4 Vortec throttle body is the same size a the way though it would sure save allot of time!

Thank You!
Its 75mm all the way through, has a taller lip on top to couple directly to a hose but lacks the bolt hole for the throttle cable bracket. Also the throttle linkage pulls from the wrong direction but a 4.3 or SBC throttle shaft bolts directly into its place.

It will seal to the stock intake hat if you remove the orange sealing ring on the hat.