Throttle Body Spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swapped a spacer onto my 91 2500 LD and it pulled my TV cable too tight and burned up the transmission.
When lifting the throttle body you need to lift the bracket that holds all of the cables to it the same amount so that the geometry of motion stays the same.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swapped a spacer onto my 91 2500 LD and it pulled my TV cable too tight and burned up the transmission.
The more you pull the cable the higher the line pressure rises. If the cable was pulled too tight the worse problem would have been high shift points and no 4th gear. I'm thinking more like too much motor on a tired transmission. 700R4's are not known to handle a lot of torque unless you put some HD parts in them.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The more you pull the cable the higher the line pressure rises. If the cable was pulled too tight the worse problem would have been high shift points and no 4th gear. I'm thinking more like too much motor on a tired transmission. 700R4's are not known to handle a lot of torque unless you put some HD parts in them.
Either way it was fine once I had the trans rebuilt and it was fit for the rebuild so it’s all good. Thad was 16 years ago lol I had the trans rebuilt while I was getting married.