Throttle Body Spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was never a believer myself, but happened to pick this one up on a parts truck and since we were already paying for the dyno session why not give it a try? Like I said though, it’s not the “swirl” or vortex or whatever buzzword is on the label, it’s the added plenum volume.

I'd be interested in your results. If it's close to Gramps, I'd say they work. I had a boss once who had a sign on his door "In God we trust, all others bring data!" LOL

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anything else needed to put the spacer on? Does anything need extensions?
Some people have a hard time getting their fuel lines to connect. I have not had this issue. Most spacers come with the longer studs to bolt it to the intake. Then you’ll need two new gaskets; one between the spacer and intake manifold, the other between the spacer and the TBI.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of times you can loosen the bolt on the bell housing holding the lines in place. Otherwise there are (or were) 1" extensions available.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is usually used in conjunction with the 1" base spacer. The pod spacer (we also double up the fiber gaskets to get 1/4" too) raises the injectors so there is more volume for air flow into the top of the TB. There's a lot of mods which can be done to the TBI system - some work some don't do anything, depending on who you want to believe. I do know the OE 42mm TB for the SBCs needs help when you're looking for more cubes and revs. ;)

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what the guys at CFM Tech are selling now. And what it looks like after boring it out and putting it underneath a 50mm throttle body.

You must be registered for see images attach

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what the guys at CFM Tech are selling now. And what it looks like after boring it out and putting it underneath a 50mm throttle body.

Now that I would run as long as hood clearance allows. Probably doesn't need to be that thick.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillGen55