Replace throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burdette

Reaction score
1993 3500 with 350 engine has rodent damage in engine bay. Throttle body is toast. I have a powerjection lll unit. Can that unit be used in place of throttle body?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those aftermarket throttle bodies are usually meant for the systems they come with. I don't think you're gonna have a good time trying to make it work with the original PCM.

Are you 100% sure your original can't be saved? A remanufactured one can be had for about $375 minus a $75 core charge from Rockauto, unless they deem your core no good.

Or you can hunt around for a good used original. They did change a little over the years so you'll want to look at other 350's from 1991-1995 for a correct fit (1987-1990 have the wrong TPS setup.) Your truck being a 3500 you won't have any worries about a throttle valve cable stud on the linkage so that widens your donor truck possibilities a bit.

Richard

Burdette

Reaction score
Thanks Richard for the reply. I want to remove the computer control and use an intake, distributor and fuel regulator with the aftermarket TBI. Just need some help with details when doing this change.