These headlights any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If that's the case then I would go with Anzo 111004 headlights:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Anzo 511048 LED parking lights:

And Anzo 311004 LED tail lights:

Most likely the exact same products in that Top Gear Auto listing but for much cheaper, especially once you figure in Top Gear's ridiculous shipping charges.

To expand on the wiring upgrades that Kenny mentioned, @5vortec7 makes a plug and play HD headlight harness to accomplish this which includes the 4-Hi mod that keeps the low beams on when you switch on the high beams.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/hd-headlight-harnesses-w-4-high-mod.45669/

This is a much better solution than the cheap 4-Hi kit that Kenny posted a screenshot of because it addresses the voltage drop issues caused by the factory wiring.
Your pic aren't showing up.

Raspi454

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If that's the case then I would go with Anzo 111004 headlights:

Anzo 511048 LED parking lights:

And Anzo 311004 LED tail lights:

Most likely the exact same products in that Top Gear Auto listing but for much cheaper, especially once you figure in Top Gear's ridiculous shipping charges.

To expand on the wiring upgrades that Kenny mentioned, @5vortec7 makes a plug and play HD headlight harness to accomplish this which includes the 4-Hi mod that keeps the low beams on when you switch on the high beams.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/hd-headlight-harnesses-w-4-high-mod.45669/

This is a much better solution than the cheap 4-Hi kit that Kenny posted a screenshot of because it addresses the voltage drop issues caused by the factory wiring.
Wow this looks exactly the same but for less! Thank you for this. I'll definitely check out that harness too,

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with df2x4, the kits I posted was just an example. They are a cheap kit, and there are better ones out there. Or you could do what I did, and get a few relays, some wire, and fuse holders, and make your own.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know this looks like a mess, but I took these pics rite after I installed the relays.

Attachments

• 20170304_134406.jpg
    20170304_134406.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20170304_134036.jpg
    20170304_134036.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20170304_134004.jpg
    20170304_134004.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 6

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow this looks exactly the same but for less! Thank you for this. I'll definitely check out that harness too,

You're welcome! I've done a little research on this, kind of a GMT400 lighting nerd. :biggrin:

I run those Anzo 111004 headlights on both of my '97s and I like them a lot. I've got pics if you want to see them installed.

What bulbs do you recommend?

In those particular headlight housings I would use Philips 9011 HIRs for the high beam, you'll have to trim one tab to get them to fit in the sockets, like so:

You must be registered for see images attach

www.amazon.com/Philips-Standard-Halogen-Replacement-Headlight/dp/B00480J5CW

For the low beam I would recommend Philips X-tremeVision 9006s as they're the brightest standard halogens on the market.

www.amazon.com/Philips-X-tremeVision-Upgraded-Headlight-Vision/dp/B00U1OLM1Q

The reason I would not recommend upgrading to the 9012 HIR bulbs in the low beams of these headlights is that the stock 9006 bulbs have a painted glare cap on the end of the bulbs, where as the 9012 HIRs do not and could potentially create a hot spot or glare in headlight housings without a glare cap.

Stay away from HID, LED, or any halogen with a significant amount of blue or other colored coating on the bulb glass.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
those are halogens correct? 9005 and 9006, stay with halogens or go LED, HID, whatever else?
If you do the relay mod, you wont need LEDs. Halogens are what I have. The before and after difference in the relay mod, my dim lights are much brighter than they were on high beams before the mod. Difference is, the low beams are not as high pointed as the high beams are. You could use a jumper wire, on the low beam supply and touch that to your battery with the lights on and see the difference.