The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Hey Brian, you have any pictures of the finished whipple install? I'm curious to see how it all fit in the engine bay. I'm sure the cowl hood helped, but i did a TBI whipple install in an H1 and it was a tight squeeze even with the dash off.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

It wasn't too bad. There were some tight fits. Mainly the fuel lines from the throttle body, since it is at such an angle on the back, it was tough to get them to work around the dizzy, coil, and MAP sensor. Also, getting the thing on was kind of a pain because of all those little bolts holding it to the adapter plate, not a lot of working room. It clears the hood just fine, but that air cleaner barely clears the firewall. It's a little crowded.

Im so jelly of your supercharger

Haha, thanks man, I'm jelly that you can drive your Yukon right now. lol. Like I said before, I've been wanting one of these for years, so I had to get it. How's your build going? Any plans in the works?

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Insurance says it's totaled. However, that was just the first adjuster, and he had no way to account for the wheels, hood, or supercharger in the vehicle's value. He said that now it will move to the total loss adjuster, and that they will be able to take that stuff into account.

So now it's the waiting game to see how long it takes this new guy to contact me. Just anxious to know how much they will give me and how much the buy back will be.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
The insurance guy we talked to said that if the damage is more than 50% of the vehicle's market value, then they total it, especially with older vehicles. The reason they do this is because they say that they start to find other things that couldn't be seen in the original estimate and it ends up costing much more than what they originally thought.

We are going to pull the bumper out and drive it down to my auto body shop to see what they say about it. Hopefully they can convince them not to total it. Also depends on if they make me buy it back, or if they will let me just reclaim it, and keep the reimbursement. We'll see how it goes.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Auto body shop just quoted $4600 for repairs. Only about 2k of that was actually parts, though. The rest was labor. Also, they had way too much in the body parts quotes. They have $465 for a new radiator support, I could probably get one from a part-out for $100. They also put $60 for the grille emblem even though mine is just fine.

We'll see how much the insurance will give me, and how much the buy back is. I should here from them by the weekend.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Ok, anyone have any experience on playing hardball with insurance? The first guy said it was a total loss, and referred me to a total loss claims adjuster. Once it gets to him, he says he can't change that it's totaled, so we are fighting to have the original adjuster re-evaluate the value of the vehicle.

They're saying it's worth about $3k. After buy back of $334, they say they would pay me just over $2500. I'm currently compiling a list of modifications and improvements I've made to the sound, body, and performance of the truck. So far, I'm up over $2800 and I haven't even included the $2k I spent on the supercharger and associated parts. If you add that $4800 to the $3k of the truck, it seems to me that it would show this is worth more than their "fair market value" of "comparable" trucks. Honestly, there aren't any "comparable" trucks to this anywhere around here.

The guy also said that he couldn't guarantee that they would be able to factor in the cost of the supercharger in the vehicle's value, because I bought it used and only have receipts for the money orders I used to pay for it, not an official receipt or bill of sale.

Seems like they want to play hard ball. $2500. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I've spent more than that in the last 6 months.

EDIT: This adjuster screwed me over. He wrote down that my tires are at 67% for the front and 75% for the rear. They're 4 months old and have 3000 miles. I call bull.

Last edited: