The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again..... I HATE THEIVES! Just once I'd like to catch one of these pieces of crap, because I can guarantee I can run them down. Someone apparently thought that they deserved my shorty antenna more than I did, and that $25 is just too difficult to come up with on their own.

Shaved antenna, here I come.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Well, just a tiny update. The whipple is in and it's running like a champ. Apparently I hadn't connected the MAP sensor the right way :stupidme:

Anyways, I'll take some pics and video later. Only running 3 psi, but it's noticeable. Going to start saving for a trans rebuild.

Also thinking about colormatching my front bumper. I did a quick photoshop, and I liked it. I'll post that up later so y'all can give me some opinions.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still finishing getting it back into decent shape. Started out as a stock 1995 GMC Yukon. Our former mechanic was the original owner. He put on the Flowmaster exhaust and also custom programmed a blank manufacturer's chip for it. My dad bought it a couple years later.

About 3 years ago when I got it from my dad. Still mostly stock.
You must be registered for see images attach

Replacing the fender, front clip, and bumper after an accident. No other pics of damage, because who wants to look at their pride and joy all banged up? :uhoh2:

Finally, new paint, smoothie, valance, and lights. This is how it looks now, but more stuff in the works as soon as I get some time/money.

Also, showing why I probably won't get a subwoofer or ever make it too serious of a show truck.......because she's still a workhorse. :waytogo:

There's an easier way to drop the rear end of the truck without using 50 paint cans. Haha, I kid. I dig rigs that are clean builds but also used to pay the bills. Nice Yuke!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
1,000th post!!! Ok, here's those pics I promised. Videos will have to wait. I need to get some more time, school is keeping me busy. Gas mileage seems to be about the same......as long as I don't stomp on it all the time. There's a little bit of a whine, and it gets up to speed noticeably quicker. If you look under the air cleaner elbow in the first pic, you can see the stainless braided line I used for my fuel lines. It looks pretty, doesn't leak, and won't pinch or cut. I love it. I want to eventually take the time to clean up the underhood area, it's both dirty and cluttered. I want to just clean and organize, but that also takes time. Ok, on to the pics.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Well, last night I was on my way home from work around 6pm. I was going 35 down the left lane of a 4 lane street (2 lanes either way). Coming up to a green light, there was a bus and a small car in the left turn lane and they had the red. The little car decided to merge with no signal right in front of me. I locked up the brakes and hit the passenger's rear door hard enough to turn their car completely sideways. No one was hurt.

Bumper is toast, it's pushed back about a quarter of an inch from the tire, so I can't turn the wheels without it rubbing hard. The valence got ripped off, the grille, lights, and other plastic front pieces on the driver's side are toast too. The fender will have to be replaced, and the corner of the hood looks like it is cracked. Don't know if the radiator support or inner fender are ok.

I'll get pics up when I can. Glad no one was hurt, and my airbag didn't go off.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
:bawl::bawl::bawl:

You must be registered for see images