The Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
wow man truly sorry to hear this.... at least nobody was hurt. but I know it sucks because you just got your truck back on the road from the super charger install. :(

Sent from my static android

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Yeah, story was on the previous post. Like you all said, best thing is that no one was hurt. Still haven't popped the hood yet. I highly doubt they would total it. If they do, I'm still keeping it, just going to have to buy it back. There's no way they could find me at fault. I had the right of way, and you can tell from the damage, since it's to the front of my truck and the passenger's side rear door, tells you she was angled in my lane, not going straight. Haven't talked to her insurance's adjuster yet, probably hear from them on Monday.

Yeah, kinda frustrating to happen right after the whipple, but it was also running just fine afterwards, I just couldn't drive it because of pieces that could fall off. The whole grille is hanging on by a screw or two. Also, I can't turn the wheel without rubbing the tire. Don't worry gents, it'll get taken care of.

I'm considering some changes this time around. Some different lights up front, and maybe even look at doing a painted smoothie, instead of the chrome. I'll keep you guys updated.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Never a good thing to hear. Hopefully you'll make money on it atleast.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Never a good thing to hear. Hopefully you'll make money on it atleast.

Meh, I don't care if I make money, I just want it back the way it was, with some minor changes. I'm thinking about getting the same lights that Blue95 has on his truck, and I'm thinking about doing a painted smoothie, I'll have to see if I can swing that with the body shop and insurance.

Either way, the beast will be back. :waytogo:

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
BTW, here's the other car. The front door had some small dents in it, but she had it open when I took the pic so she could find her information. This was the worst of it. I don't think that door or window will move at all.

You must be registered for see images attach

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Update: Got a call today. The other driver's insurance accepted liability. The adjuster is coming next week, and they let me pick the body shop. They will also pick up a rental car for me until it's repaired. Can't wait to get it back. I miss driving my truck.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it will be getting fixed. Choose your shop wisely, lots of hacks out there.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Hey Brian, you have any pictures of the finished whipple install? I'm curious to see how it all fit in the engine bay. I'm sure the cowl hood helped, but i did a TBI whipple install in an H1 and it was a tight squeeze even with the dash off.