The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 'Q' about rear shocks.
I always thought that shocks had a 'sweet spot'. The internal valving in the center of the shock, which would be about the center of travel when the vehicle's weight is on them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No. Shock valving, for all intents and purposes, is linear. As long as the shock doesnt bottom or top out, it should work the same as any other time. This is for a new shock of course and doesnt apply to a worn one.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No. Shock valving, for all intents and purposes, is linear. As long as the shock doesnt bottom or top out, it should work the same as any other time. This is for a new shock of course and doesnt apply to a worn one.

Perfect! Thanks!
Phew, one less thing I have to wonder about!

94LowRider

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DJM 4/6 drop is one rear shock supposed to be longer than the other ?

martin

Reaction score
Ekstensive front angled lower bag cups, witch way the angle go?

Shucks

Reaction score
I really need some "expert" advice. I've never lowered anything before and I need to know if this would work. I have 275/60/r15 tires running 8 inch rallies, front and back. I'm wanting a 3/4 drop and I'm worried about the front. The front tires stick out an inch or so. Would these tires work with my drop? I know an option is to roll the inner lip in, but how much my tires stick out, I don't see it even helping anything.
here are some pictures.
You must be registered for see images

This is from the peak of the bulge.

Mock up of how the fender will be 3 inches down.

Will I need to do a 2/4 drop or will a 3 inch work?

Last edited:

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the problem is with the tire width. You should be fine with a 2/4 but I am not sure about a 3" drop because of travel going over bumps.

Shucks

Reaction score
One last question, So now I'm doing the 2/4 lowering. SPINDLES in the front and shackles and hangers in the back. I know you need drop shocks for the back, but can I still get drop shocks for the front so I can do all 4's? Or will they not work with spindles? Because I was wanting to do : http://www.belltech.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=9523
My question is, can i use those front shocks with drop spindles?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
One last question, So now I'm doing the 2/4 lowering. SPINDLES in the front and shackles and hangers in the back. I know you need drop shocks for the back, but can I still get drop shocks for the front so I can do all 4's? Or will they not work with spindles? Because I was wanting to do : http://www.belltech.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=9523
My question is, can i use those front shocks with drop spindles?

You could use factory length shocks in the front if your doing spindles.... spindles arent changing the length of the spring thus meaning you dont need to change the length of your shock