The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

956moe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
quick question

Has anyone here done a flip kit with 3/4 ton leaf springs?

johnny1

Reaction score
I know it'll ride like crap...lol if I do the axel flip how many inches will it b dropped w the shackels, will I have to c notch the frame?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it'll ride like crap...lol if I do the axel flip how many inches will it b dropped w the shackels, will I have to c notch the frame?

A flip is 6". Your shackles are 2". 6+2=8 If you have adjustable shackles you can set them in the 1" hole for 7".
Anything more than a 4" drop will need a notch.

johnny1

Reaction score
Dang that's what I was afraid of I dnt wana drop it more than the 4" guess ill roll ass up till I get the hangers lol thanks guys

jacobb89

Reaction score
will these wheels work for laying frame on 1996 gmc c1500?

Magic number from what I hear is 22x9.5 +40 with 265 35 22 tires

I found these wheels they are 22x9.5 with 38 offset not sure if that's gonna make it or break it just trying to get a few ideas since I will be bagging with in this year.
here is a link to the wheels I am looking that. Thanks

http://www.performanceplustire.com/...eelSize/22/productID/11658/wheelDataID/108603

92C1500

Reaction score
Okay, here's a stupid lowered question. If I was looking for a complete lowering kit from say, Belltech. And my truck is currently a 92 C1500 RCSB, and I want to get a 2" in the front, 4" in the rear with shackles/hangers/spindles... but I have a 454 SS rear end that I would be installling.. would I need just a regular 92 C1500 kit? Or would I need a special 454SS kit? Or have to buy individually the parts. As I am not sure if the 454 SS has special front spindles, or shocks etc, to accomodate the weight of the Big Block. Also, I guess a two for question, same question but in regards to a sway bar kit. I have a feeling hte 454SS rear end is bigger around in the axle tubes than the stock 10 bolt.

Last edited:

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the 454SS had the same spindles as the extra-cab. But, either way this doesnt effect you. If you are only doing 2"-4", the rear axle has no effect. Youre only changing the spring end mounting points and not attaching anything to the rear end. I actually dont think it would matter with a flip kit either, but Im not so sure that I would bet my life on it. Most people find that 2"-4" isnt enough, and its difficult (real difficult) to go from 2"-4" to 4"-6". As for the rear sway bar, as I noted above, I dont use them. But I dont think the axle tubes are different enough to worry about.

johnny1

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a question its more about a suspension than a lowered bagged question, I seen a 96 obs 4x4 stock tubed upper control arms will they fit my lowered obs 2x4?

I wana put them on because they look after market but they r stock cool