The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How low can i go on my tahoe on the 20s it has 275/45s on it. Someone mentioned the fullsize suvs dropped a different amount then the trucks.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would need a picture to know for sure, but here are a few things I would need to know;

2 dr. or 4 dr?
What year?
Stock wheels? or aftermarket?
If aftermarket, what offset?
What inconveniences are you willing to live with for looks?
How much work are you willing to go through to get a given drop?

truck dude

Reaction score
hi everyone !
can someone please help me out ?
i got a 1995 chevy silverado i got it a few weks ago
and it is bagged and i dont no much about this its not
bodyed but lays low but front end of the truck dont look right
just want it to come down a lil more? with out costing $$ a lot ? thanks.

truck dude

Reaction score
please help bagged front end info

hi everyone !
can someone please help me out ?
i got a 1995 chevy silverado i got it a few weks ago
and it is bagged and i dont no much about this its not
bodyed but lays low but front end of the truck dont look right
just want it to come down a lil more? with out costing $$ a lot ? thanks.

ShanMan

Reaction score
Been searching but can't find the correct answer to my problem. Here we go. 94 RCSB currently have DJM 2" springs, 4" shackles and hangers.Tires 295/50-15, 245/60-15. Want to go lower so I bought a DJM flip kit FK1025-6, DJM 1" lift shackles and 2" drop spindles. Not happy with my wheel and tire choice but that's another story and I can deal with it for now. The front I understand .My question is can I leave the DJM 2" drop hangers, put on the 6" flip kit and 1" lift shackles for a total of 7" rear drop. I want to make sure before I cut the frame and put the c-notch in. Don't want to get that part wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Been searching but can't find the correct answer to my problem. Here we go. 94 RCSB currently have DJM 2" springs, 4" shackles and hangers.Tires 295/50-15, 245/60-15. Want to go lower so I bought a DJM flip kit FK1025-6, DJM 1" lift shackles and 2" drop spindles. Not happy with my wheel and tire choice but that's another story and I can deal with it for now. The front I understand .My question is can I leave the DJM 2" drop hangers, put on the 6" flip kit and 1" lift shackles for a total of 7" rear drop. I want to make sure before I cut the frame and put the c-notch in. Don't want to get that part wrong. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

That should work out O.K. Just make sure to notch the bed crossmember a bit more than the usual amount, and remember to have your pinion angle checked. You may (may!) need to add some wedges between the rear housing & springs to correct that.
You're gonna need some different shocks than the ones you have now. On the rear, either lengthen the shock extensions by an inch if you're using shocks for a 6" drop, or start shopping around for shocks that are 5" shorter than stock. (the extenders will give you the extra 2")

ShanMan

Reaction score
That should work out O.K. Just make sure to notch the bed crossmember a bit more than the usual amount, and remember to have your pinion angle checked. You may (may!) need to add some wedges between the rear housing & springs to correct that.
You're gonna need some different shocks than the ones you have now. On the rear, either lengthen the shock extensions by an inch if you're using shocks for a 6" drop, or start shopping around for shocks that are 5" shorter than stock. (the extenders will give you the extra 2")
I forgot to mention I did order some drop shocks Pro Comp 420500 for rear and DJM 1315 for front. The flip kit came with shock extenders but no shims. Do I still need to use the shock extenders with the shorter shocks? Thanks for the help.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would still use the shock extender's because they also help keep the shock's more upright at an angle where they perform better!

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What Al said. But I hate shock extenders. I always run shorter shocks-and when I can, I relocate them to a more straight up and down orientation. On the bed Xmember, youre gonna want to remove about 8" of it over the diff.-all the way to the bottom of the bed. And that may or may not be enough depending on which c-notch you have. Also relocate the brake hose so it doesnt get squished. Oh, another thing. If you think youre ever going to bag it, you might as well do a bigger notch now-save you having to redo stuff later. Also, the front is gong to be higher than the back-unless you cut a half coil or so. Check your front shocks too for travel-you dont want them bottoming out or you will be buy A-arms too.