The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tigwldr

Reaction score
Sorry, I did replace my stock bump stops with short ones form Hotchkis. If anything I can cut them down.
Cool, I'm going to roll them.
Thanks man, I apreciate the help and info..

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres one thats been asked a thousand times.
I'm getting ready to put my spindles back on (its been a couple of years, I dont remember). I know I have to shave down the gutters on my lowers but, is there anything else I need to do to make sure I have clearance for?
Will my stock tires work? 235/75/15
Will I have to roll the fenders? I think I will, I dont remember.

When I did my drop originally I was totally unprepaired and had to swap everything back to stock. I have moved and have installed my flip and drop coils. Want it low again, especially with these smooth roads in NC. Not so great up in Boston.
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

This works well if youre using BellTech spindles. They were originally designed back in the 90s before the big wheel thing got started. BellTech spindles space the wheels out a bit for clearance on the LCAs with 15" wheels. You still had to trim them (and its recommended to use the reinforcement kit when you do) but it worked just fine. If you are using anyone elses spindles you may run into problems because most other brands assume youre running larger wheels and dont space them out.

Tigwldr

Reaction score
Cool, thanks ccreddell.
I do plan on going with a larger wheel some time in the future. Probably 20s no bigger. How will this effect anything, if it does?
Thanks again

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Two scenarios; IF you have the BT spindles you will just need to buy (front) wheels with a higher offset to make up for the added width the spindle give you so you wont rub your tires.

IF you are using someone elses spindles you will still not have any problems and the offset needed to clear the fender isnt as much.

Tigwldr

Reaction score
Gatcha, so if I were looking at wheels with say a 5" back spacing I would have to bump that up to 5.5" for that extra half inch that the spindles pushes it out?
They are BT spindles, I dont think I'd sell them to buy another brand, I already have them.
Thank you

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are correct. And if you can I would go 5.75-6.0 and never worry about tucking. You cant go over 8" width though if you backspace that much.

Edit: Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the BT spindles are closer to 3/4" per side.

Last edited:

Tigwldr

Reaction score
Thanks again C, I appreciate your help.
Now all I need is more time in a day, hah.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any one that have a lowered truck get shocks for an 88 Chevy caprice they are 2 inches shorter compresed and bolt right up

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score
I bought my truck lowered, all i know about the suspension is 4 link, c notch, and shortened rear end. PO said it used to be bagged. My question is, to bag it do i just swap the coils for bags compressor etc? also what is stock height? id like to measure and know how much it was dropped, im guessing 6/8...idk

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We need to see some pic's of the work that has been done and also so we can see what mount's are left on the truck and what is gone.