The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Funny, mine is doing the exact same thing. I don't think mine is lowered as much as yours as I have more gap between my diff and notch,,I have a 5/7 drop. I have to change my starter today so while it is on the lift I'm going to check out if I can raise my breather up. I might try shortening the hose so it's more "straight up" and any oil that does get in the hose can't pool in a low spot and be forced out
Dunno if I'd shorten the hose, probably best just to re-route so it can't hang down low. Let that length of hose act like a reservoir. The shorter the hose, IMO, the better the chance lube will make its way to the breather valve.

It was too late last night to get busy out in the garage trying to actually work on it, but I had to at least put eyes on the situation. Hopefully early next week I'll get a chance to turn some wrenches on my project instead of everything else around here.

Richard

PeacefulStorm

Reaction score
Will a 3/4 Belltech drop (spindles and springs up front, Shackles and hangers in the rear) running 15x10 rims with 295/50/15 tires rub the front fenders if I hit a bump or big dip? I already believe I will have to shave the A-arms. tia

Attachments

• Sideview C1500.jpg
    Sideview C1500.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 7

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Will a 3/4 Belltech drop (spindles and springs up front, Shackles and hangers in the rear) running 15x10 rims with 295/50/15 tires rub the front fenders if I hit a bump or big dip? I already believe I will have to shave the A-arms. tia
Measure your existing clearance and you'll have your answer - but I'll go ahead and say yes, you'll not only rub, you'll dent the fenders and bed. That style was real popular here (SE TX) for quite a while and I've seen lots of bent-up trucks from dudes running those wide wheels sticking out, even with mild drops.

No need to shave the control arms if you're not going with drop spindles. The reason for the cut on the lower arm is when you run a drop spindle and a 15" wheel, the change in position of the axle to higher up on the spindle means most 15" wheels don't clear the lower control arm at the end. Sometimes there's minor brake caliper interference too, depending on wheel design.

Edit - wow; I must've been really tired/preoccupied with finishing up chores last night when I responded. I assumed your 3" front drop would be all spring, not spindle and spring (assuming w/spacer for just 3") so that's why I said what I did about you not going with spindles.

Richard

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes.

If the tires are sticking out past the fenders and you lower it there's a 100% chance they'll rub.

codogl1

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I have a 1995 z71 extended cab and lowered the front with purple keys. I added lowering shackles to the rear but they barely gave any drop. I also purchased lowering hangers for C1500 hoping they might work but bolt the holes didn't line up on the frame. I want to do a flip kit on the rear but can't seem to find a kit that is applicable for my truck. Belltech 6607 works for ext cabs and includes shims for pinion angle but states it won't work for 4wd. Any ideas why that may be? I'm hoping someone here can chime in with some helpful info. Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach

QLONA

Reaction score
Hey y'all! I have a 1995 z71 extended cab and lowered the front with purple keys. I added lowering shackles to the rear but they barely gave any drop. I also purchased lowering hangers for C1500 hoping they might work but bolt the holes didn't line up on the frame. I want to do a flip kit on the rear but can't seem to find a kit that is applicable for my truck. Belltech 6607 works for ext cabs and includes shims for pinion angle but states it won't work for 4wd. Any ideas why that may be? I'm hoping someone here can chime in with some helpful info. Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach
I originally ran a belltech 4" drop in my K3500 which also stated wasn't compatible with a K series, everything bolted up fine. Keep in mind if you eventually plan to do a flip kit you will have to install original front leaf spring mounts and shackles.

codogl1

Reaction score
A flip would squat the truck.
What length were the shackles?

Thanks for the reply! The shackles stated it provided 2" drop but I took before/after measurements and it dropped almost 1". Indeed I definitely do not want to squat the truck. If I do install the flip and the drop is too much, putting the original shackles or even 1" lift shackles can level it out?