The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
I was going to swap rear enda this year to a six lug from a 4wd. The reason im doing that because ita far easier to find a 6 lug with 3.73 than a 5 lug. If you were to do a 4/6 drop would you run into clearance issues with the fenders?

Adam

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I was going to swap rear enda this year to a six lug from a 4wd. The reason im doing that because ita far easier to find a 6 lug with 3.73 than a 5 lug. If you were to do a 4/6 drop would you run into clearance issues with the fenders?

Adam

That would depend on if the new rear is the same width as the original or not. Also tire width & wheel off-set could come into play. My '98 is a 4/7 (see sig.) with 20X10's & 295/40's & they fit with no probs. I do have the fender lips rolled though, & the box crossmember notched. With a little different offset, I could probably get 305/40's in there!

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Adam

Most 4X4 rearends are a couple inches wider than the 2WD rearends. As you are going to used different wheels (6 lug) you just have to make sure the offset is correct. Now, most late model 6 lug wheels have more offset than what most GMT400s use, so the odds are it'll work out fine. But you still have to check first.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
So basically its doable its just requires a little more work in the wheel dept. thanks for the help.

Adam

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cut springs vs drop springs
What you guys prefer
galaxy s3

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone measure the rear at 6" for me

galaxy s3

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also I striped the centering pin bolt when putting my leavea back. Do I need it?

galaxy s3