The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do I mount the coil spacer on top or bottom. I wabt to raise it an inch.

galaxy s3

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last one I did I put on the bottom... Probably doesn't matter though.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems to loo ow in the front.
You must be registered for see images attach

galaxy s3

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The drop doesn't really matter, if the dif is 2" fr-rr. 2/4, 3/5, 4/6, they all end up with that bit of rake.
Prob with lowering, is that it's never enough, no matter how low you go!!!
When I first got my black truck I was just gonna 2/4 it. But right after I got it I came into a complete 4/6 drop for dirt cheap. Buddies kept telling me to just do it, but it was over 4 years before it got installed! Modded that a few times over the years. Ended up being a 4/7. Now, it sits right. The stance just suits the truck. It was that 3" dif, fr-rr is what did it.
When I got my '97, I did do a 2/4 on it. I'll never do another. The truck looks good, but to me, not quite right.
No matter what I do to it now to get that 3" dif, fr-rr, is gonna require a frame notch of some kind. Either home-made, or a 'Belltech/DJM style. Probably won't have to notch the bed cross-member for that, though.
But after what I went through on that 2/4, I really should of done the 4/6 the first damn time! Even considering doing another 2/4 makes my teeth hurt!
So what I'm getting to is that, without knowing how it was lowered in the rear, to get that 3"dif, you're gonna have to notch the frame.
I am assuming that your's is done one of three ways, now.
It's a 4" drop set-up via shackles & hangers, with the 3rd leaf also removed. That'll give you about that 5" drop that you said your's has.
Or...It has the front hangers off of a 2whldr Yukon (?) along with the 2" drop shackles. IIRC those Yukon hangers give that lil bit of extra drop.
Or...It already has an aftermarket/home-made notch, with a flip kit, & either a shorter shackle or a raised hanger, (4X4?)
These will all get you a 5" drop.
Lol! Now you're gonna tell me some other way that I've never seen or heard of now!
Either way, a 3" drop dif, fr-rr is what all these trucks need to look 'right' no matter how much they're lowered.
Sorry for the novel!

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did 2" shackle and the 2nd leaf removed. The shocks are toasr also. The front I did bt 4552 I believe they were. And online says 2 or 3"

galaxy s3