The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're just looking for a 2" rear drop, shackles are a much more simple & a w-a-a-a-y easier install.
That driver side hangar next to the gas tank is a major PitA.

So i have hurd, and from reading it sounds like if you gonna do the effort just do a c notch.

The 2" shackles should hold me over until i finish ac/radio and all the nicks and nacks then do a proper drop.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of beds, are y’all cutting these braces out, or using a hammer to convince them to relocate. The rear most leaf locator thing hits them when I go bombing through the cow pasture :hahano:
You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of beds, are y’all cutting these braces out, or using a hammer to convince them to relocate. The rear most leaf locator thing hits them when I go bombing through the cow pasture :hahano:
You must be registered for see images attach
I never had that problem on a static drop, at least not that I can remember. For the one the pumpkin hits I've beat it flat because nothing I've ever owned has been nice enough to bother cutting it.
@sewlow has pictures of his nicely clearanced.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never had that problem on a static drop, at least not that I can remember. For the one the pumpkin hits I've beat it flat because nothing I've ever owned has been nice enough to bother cutting it.
@sewlow has pictures of his nicely clearanced.
I wonder if there’s something odd about this truck, I haven’t seen it come up anywhere else. It’s a regular DJM shackles and hangers kit :shrug:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Long box or short?
Seems to me that there was some discussion a while ago about long boxes having a problem with clearance between the springs & the rear cross member when lowered.
I've only had short box 400's so I didn't pay close enough attention.