The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3” lower control arms from DJM but also the uppers to correct the geometry. Stock travel, no trimming, no rubbing, stock shock length and can run 15” wheels with 275/60. I got the part numbers from their website and ordered from summit.

Then the shackle and hanger kit in the rear.
A cool thing about doing it this way is your also getting new bushings and ball joints all at the same time. Along with keeping stock track width, stock springs and being able to run 15s with no trimming

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A cool thing about doing it this way is your also getting new bushings and ball joints all at the same time. Along with keeping stock track width, stock springs and being able to run 15s with no trimming
Those are all the reasons I did it that way. I needed to rebuild the front end, ordered everything from rock auto, 3 months later (past the return date) realized I had 1 4x4 control arm so the bushings wouldn’t work. Instead of buying 1 stock replacement or junkyarding one I just spent a few more dollars and lowered it.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats nice.

So some spindles won't clear 15" I'm running 15" rallys
Stock sport wheels 15x7. A 1 inch drop spindle might be ok but that’s a lot of work for just 1 inch.

Even though some people might do a lot more for just another inch… :pepper:

Attachments

• 4B3F3BFC-CF25-4013-8CAC-FF9463598B9C.jpeg
    4B3F3BFC-CF25-4013-8CAC-FF9463598B9C.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 9

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stock sport wheels 15x7. A 1 inch drop spindle might be ok but that’s a lot of work for just 1 inch.

Even though some people might do a lot more for just another inch… :pepper:

Yep lol! I will be using the truck for mostly a daily drive but will be working out of it some. 1/2 maybe best for me. Cut the springs a little and then do the 2 " drop shackle. In the future if I wanna go lower I'll do 2 more in the rear and then 2" lower a arms

It is a lot of work but I still need to do front brakes so I'll be right there get all the brakes off and then pop out the spring cut a 1/2 coil and go back together.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are the exact bolt size to the rear hangers. Got the trailer hitch off and spare tire...don't have the right size socket...looks to be 21mm?

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So realizimg that i can cut the springs on the front all i have ti do is by rear shocks and hangers and ill have a 2/4 ;)

I dont have anyone to help set the bed off and my wife is 22 weeks pregnant but i ould scoot the bed back...need to do fuel pump anyways