The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so i'm looking to do a small lift on my 95 z71. I was wondering what the most efficient way of doing this would be, as i'm on a budget and only keeping the truck for a couple of months to drive and offroad. I've heard a lot of bad things about lift blocks, but I've also heard a lot that say it's fine. Should I do blocks, 2500 springs, or I heard somewhere that you can use shackles off of a 2500 to get about an inch and a half, or something else. I'm only looking to get about 1-2in of lift, so for the front I was just going to put some cranks on it. Thanks for any input!

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I had a 2.5" block with new rear shocks and a light crank. It was all I needed. I don't see how 2500 shackles would get you that much, they'd have to be 3" longer.

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
the eye where the front of the spring mounts to the truck

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a couple questions, i've done some measuring and from the wheel in the back to the fender is about 22cm (previous owner installed a block to get it bit higher in the back), in the front i got it to about 15,5cm from the wheel to the fender. Which means there's a difference in about 2,5" (roughly). Is that possible by cranking the torsion to level that out? And if it is doable, will it give me a bad ride quality or any excessive wear on joints,shafts and what not? I'm thinking about getting MT Classic 3's 16x8 with 4,5" backspacing and going 285/75 (which is about 32,7" diameter). Will this create any problems? Since i have a diesel it makes it a bit harder for me to install a body lift due the turbo hitting the inner fender....