The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddieh

Reaction score
Yet another newb question here, I tried to fit 285/75/16 on my sons 91 K1500 yesterday and they rubbed sick. The shop told me it was becase i have to much backspacing on my wheels 4" BS and -12 offset. I called a local off road shop and the guy recommeded a Zone 5-7 inch lift. Anyone have any input on how that will look with 285/75/16's? Pics would be very helpful.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Yet another newb question here, I tried to fit 285/75/16 on my sons 91 K1500 yesterday and they rubbed sick. The shop told me it was becase i have to much backspacing on my wheels 4" BS and -12 offset. I called a local off road shop and the guy recommeded a Zone 5-7 inch lift. Anyone have any input on how that will look with 285/75/16's? Pics would be very helpful.
Idk why he would recommend a zone probably what he deals I spose 285s would look tiny with a 5 inch lift anyway. Are your torsion bars cranked? 285s should fit easy

Eddieh

Reaction score
No crank on the t bars, I was trying to avoid it. He told me I should go with zone because hes never had any complaints on installs. Is there a good 4" lift out there that will keep good line up?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
No crank on the t bars, I was trying to avoid it. He told me I should go with zone because hes never had any complaints on installs. Is there a good 4" lift out there that will keep good line up?
Rcx makes a 4 inch kit but again 285s are gona look tiny most people run those stock

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
my 285s fit perfect with no crank or anything

Sent from my vortec powered iPhone

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score

285's don't look bad on a 4" lift. This truck has a 4" RCX and 285's

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Eddieh

Reaction score
The truck in those pics look good, with the wheel offset they stuck out that far when I test fit them. How is the install labr on the rxc? I have heard to stay away from them due to lots of cutting and welding. I was checking out super lifts but the tubular design does not look as strong as others. Anyone know of issues with it?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The truck in those pics look good, with the wheel offset they stuck out that far when I test fit them. How is the install labr on the rxc? I have heard to stay away from them due to lots of cutting and welding. I was checking out super lifts but the tubular design does not look as strong as others. Anyone know of issues with it?
I'd recommend super lift but there is no welding with the rcx

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score

There is no welding with the RCX kit. There is a little cutting, but all the kits you are going to have to cut pretty much the same things. If you are mechanically inclined then you can easily do it in a weekend, and would be a good idea to change all the balljoints, tierod ends, idler and pitman arms if they haven't been replace lately.