The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Damn.. I see. I don't wanna pay a grand for a 6 inch lift cause then I need new tires too. Figured with 3 inches I could get away with 32's

Are there any decent 3 inch suspension lifts

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Damn.. I see. I don't wanna pay a grand for a 6 inch lift cause then I need new tires too. Figured with 3 inches I could get away with 32's

No sir

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score

No, you can cheat a 2" with blocks and a crank, or go 4". You could decrank the 4" down, but... if you're lifting to lower, then I question your sanity.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
No, you can cheat a 2" with blocks and a crank, or go 4". You could decrank the 4" down, but... if you're lifting to lower, then I question your sanity.
The 4" from RCX is the same as the 6". 5.125" drop, and you just crank or decrank to where you want it.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score

I'm running 33's and I'm not even cranked, but YMMV

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
I'm running 33's and I'm not even cranked, but YMMV

Sorry I worded that poorly.. I'm currently running 32's and didn't wanna spend more money on bigger tires since these are awesome (and I live my rims). A six inch lift with 32's would look terrible but I figured a 3 or a 4 inch (decranked a good amount) lift would still be tolerable with 32's.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Sorry I worded that poorly.. I'm currently running 32's and didn't wanna spend more money on bigger tires since these are awesome (and I live my rims). A six inch lift with 32's would look terrible but I figured a 3 or a 4 inch (decranked a good amount) lift would still be tolerable with 32's.

Gotcha. It probably wouldn't look terrible, but noticeable. I'd just save up until you have the cash for a proper lift, tires, and regear. Or buy everything as you can afford it, then put it all together once you've got it all. Even with the 3" you're still only saving a couple hundred and it does nothing to correct for lower ball joint angles or tie rod angles and ride quality will worsen. If you know you want to eventually get the 4"/6" then do it once, do it right.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
Gotcha. It probably wouldn't look terrible, but noticeable. I'd just save up until you have the cash for a proper lift, tires, and regear. Or buy everything as you can afford it, then put it all together once you've got it all. Even with the 3" you're still only saving a couple hundred and it does nothing to correct for lower ball joint angles or tie rod angles and ride quality will worsen. If you know you want to eventually get the 4"/6" then do it once, do it right.
X2. Trust me. I looked at every cheap lift method possible. Finally came to the conclusion that I just needed to save a grand, do it right, and buy a 6" kit.

mattfei

Reaction score
Does it matter what side of the coil (top or bottom) I put the spring spacers on? Gonna install my leveling kit tomorrow and want to make sure. I don't see why it would matter..