The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I made it through 150 posts and im tired. I have a set of 2" bolcksif I put them in and cranked to level would that be to much cranking?
I dont want to blow out front end parts I just had the blocks so wanted to see if i could use them.
Adam

I cranked to a 2.5" block, but left a little rake in it so it didn't ride like cap.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
So from what I gather a 2" block and crank to level should be alignable and have a bearable ride. Thanks guys cant wait

Adam

benjaminbarton55

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking.. I have 2 inch add a leaf and 2 inch keys. Is there anywhere to buy a kit for lifting the front only? I thought skyjacker made kits for 2.5 in the front. If that's the case I could add 2 inch blocks in the rear right? And have four inches.. and crank the front or buy a kit for the front for 2 inches. Is that possible? Is there anywhere to buy front end lifts only? I know lots of questions. I just need answers.
What all is needed to lift the front end?

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking.. I have 2 inch add a leaf and 2 inch keys. Is there anywhere to buy a kit for lifting the front only? I thought skyjacker made kits for 2.5 in the front. If that's the case I could add 2 inch blocks in the rear right? And have four inches.. and crank the front or buy a kit for the front for 2 inches. Is that possible? Is there anywhere to buy front end lifts only? I know lots of questions. I just need answers.
What all is needed to lift the front end?

Really there is only 2 ways to lift the front end on an IFS. First crank the keys, which puts ball joints, tie rods, CV shafts all at a bad angle, shortening the life of these components. The second method to is buy a kit which will drop the control arms such that they are at the proper angle. If I remember correctly the Skyjacker kit just changed the angle the upper ball joints are at to relieve some stress on the front end, but did not actually drop the front end. I believe it is more or less a glorified T-bar crank with some components to relieve stress. So saying you will get 4" for the front is probably not possible without an actual kit like the 6" skyjacker kit which drops the front components.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with the improved rough country control arm lift. I know its hated just curious if anyone has positive experience?

Adam

benjaminbarton55

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically, torsion keys are a waste, and cost more money in the long run. I mean I can't even get sway bar endlinks on. Idk. Kinda makes me mad

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So basically, torsion keys are a waste, and cost more money in the long run. I mean I can't even get sway bar endlinks on. Idk. Kinda makes me mad

If you get reindexed torsion keys they will allow more lift because you can turn the torsion bars more when the bolt is in the stock position. New tosion keys and reindexed keys are all a waste because you can get 2" from stock keys. Cranking further than stock will cost more money in the long run because it will put more stress on the entire front end.

Last edited:

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
From what ive been reading keys do nothing on the 400 because they can already be cranked to the stops

Adam