The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a lift on my truck. I want a suspension lift and not a body lift for extra clearance in the middle of my xc long bed and for the look of it. I have a factory set up as of now. I was looking into a 3-4" or maybe stretching to a 6" lift but I don't want to spend a ton of money...(preferably only 1500 max) I know you should get larger tires and wheels which is also part of the price. Any recommendations on a cheap set up??

So far for me:

6" lift ~$1000
35" tires ~$950
selling my old tires ~$400

plus add on whatever little expenditures there are like steering stabilizer, brake lines, steering components you might need to replace, etc.

not installed yet, but doing alright thus far

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
33's would work

I had 285/75/16s on my K2500 with just a crank and a 2.5" block. Total cost with new rear shocks, a U-bolt flip, and used MTZs was about 1/3 of what you're looking to spend. BTW a 285/75/16 is mathametically a 32.84" tall tire.

You must be registered for see images attach

GraveDigger

Reaction score
I had 285/75/16s on my K2500 with just a crank and a 2.5" block. Total cost with new rear shocks, a U-bolt flip, and used MTZs was about 1/3 of what you're looking to spend. BTW a 285/75/16 is mathametically a 32.84" tall tire.

thats a good look.. I'm going to look into doing this. so you got almost 3 inches of lift from that?

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
probably rides really rough, looks good though.

Fully cranked, yes, but honestly I was able to get it to a place where it didn't rub or ride like hell.

thats a good look.. I'm going to look into doing this. so you got almost 3 inches of lift from that?

2.5" rear, 2" front or so. I don't mind a little rake, especially when loading up the bed puts it back to square.