The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Lift/tire question:

92 2wd. Will a 4" spindle allow me to clear 33x12.50 on 15x10 4" bs with a 1.5" spacer/adapter?

I'm hoping it will... if not will throwing a 1.5" level on top of that make it doable?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
May rub with that wide of a wheel.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'll be keeping my stock 16 inch rims, most guys who say that you don't need to lift or trim said keeping the stock rims helps but again i've also heard stuff that contradicts that
If your keeping stock rims you should be able to fit them with maybe a little crank
Lift/tire question:

92 2wd. Will a 4" spindle allow me to clear 33x12.50 on 15x10 4" bs with a 1.5" spacer/adapter?

I'm hoping it will... if not will throwing a 1.5" level on top of that make it doable?

Yes you should be able to might have to trim a bit

sent from my outdated S3

Reaction score
Ahh alright. The only part I get worried about is the fact that my wheels are gonna have the equivalent of 2.5" backspacing. I got a deal on 33x12.50s I couldn't pass up so that's what fuels this.

A coworker of mine has a 97 with 35x15.50 on 15x15s with like a 4" BS and they do alright for him. On a 6" BDS, possibly cranked tbars

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May have missed this in my search, but is it okay to drive without the front driveshaft installed? I'm in the process of lifting the truck and want to take it in for the exhaust re-route, hopefully, on Friday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
May have missed this in my search, but is it okay to drive without the front driveshaft installed? I'm in the process of lifting the truck and want to take it in for the exhaust re-route, hopefully, on Friday.

Yes. It'll be fine.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks!

BigBrosMo

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I picked up a 93 c1500 ecsb last year and started asking questions/poking around about lift possibilities and tire sizes. I thought I was set on a CM 4" spindle, 2" block and was gonna pull the trigger this year but now that I am revisiting the idea I think I'll need to put 33's on it as anything smaller won't give me the proportioned look I want. The problem though is that the total cost of 33s and the lift kit is quite a bit more than I want to spend. So now I am thinking of another option... can you make some recommendations?

Basically I would like to level the truck, and beef the tires up a bit as I think the stock size ones look small. If I lift/level the front 2", what's the biggest tire I could run on my stock 15 wheels and what extra height would I gain from it? Also, does it ever make sense to go with a bigger wheel itself? Say upsize to a 16" or 17". Is there a reason for/against that, or is it just esthetics because overall diameter is what matters when it comes to fitting in the front wells? I am not against minor trimming either if necessary.