The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Stupid Question: Can I put C1500 rear leaf springs on my 92 C2500 without any big hassle or is there more to it than just a bolt on each end of the leaf spring? I am trying to smooth out the ride for my bad lower back problems.
go for it both should be 63" in fact most rear springs at least up to 2018 would be the same length. i ran some k2xx springs on mine when i solid axle swapped it. it was actually too soft

lbeninger

Reaction score
I run the RC 2-3 inch suspension lift and plan to add 2 inches of body. It seems to be the most economical way to fit bigger tires without compromising suspension geometry and parts wear. Plus it give you a chance to change out worn parts and upgrade upper control arms. Just a simple minded opinion, it works for me.

RanchWelder

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3/4 ton version, 5 layers, removed brand new to upgrade to super springs for hauling a 28' monster camper off the bumper hitch.
Brand new springs OEM.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
I run the RC 2-3 inch suspension lift and plan to add 2 inches of body. It seems to be the most economical way to fit bigger tires without compromising suspension geometry and parts wear. Plus it give you a chance to change out worn parts and upgrade upper control arms. Just a simple minded opinion, it works for me.
and it gives you a chance to change the worn out parts even more often since the 2-3" kit makes suspension geometry absolutely aweful. if your adding 3+2 youre at 5 which even though i dont condone rough country at all, you can easily achieve that with a true drop kit either the 4 or 6. they are the same minus keys that they are way too proud of. or just decrank any 6" and actually have good, proper geometry.

lbeninger

Reaction score
and it gives you a chance to change the worn out parts even more often since the 2-3" kit makes suspension geometry absolutely aweful. if your adding 3+2 youre at 5 which even though i dont condone rough country at all, you can easily achieve that with a true drop kit either the 4 or 6. they are the same minus keys that they are way too proud of. or just decrank any 6" and actually have good, proper geometry.
Yup. This was the first time using this kit and I'd have to agree.

monsterwake

Reaction score
I currently have a flip in the rear. I added the lift shackles. It is lower in the back than the front now. I don't want the front any lower because it bounces on the bump stops. I am thinking of just doing the lowering leaf springs. My worry is that I will not like it. Does anybody have some leaf spring lowering pictures that they can post up to help me decide?

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
2-3" kit makes suspension geometry absolutely aweful
So I'm in the middle of installing the same RC kit and swapping in a 14bolt rear. Nervous/excited to see how it aligns and handles dirt roads.
Someone recommended that I put in 3500 torsion bars in my k1500. I dont see the point since the truck is otherwise basically stock (no heavy winch bumper, etc). Any thoughts?
Unless the truck is loaded, 3500 Tbars or leaf springs are going to ride rough regardless of a crap key lift and bad geometry. Right?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of installing the same RC kit and swapping in a 14bolt rear. Nervous/excited to see how it aligns and handles dirt roads.
Someone recommended that I put in 3500 torsion bars in my k1500. I dont see the point since the truck is otherwise basically stock (no heavy winch bumper, etc). Any thoughts?
Unless the truck is loaded, 3500 Tbars or leaf springs are going to ride rough regardless of a crap key lift and bad geometry. Right?

higher spring rate yes. you dont need keys on these trucks unless your bars are super worn. 3500 bars with a higher sprung rate might be someones idea of getting past the worn out stock bars idealogy