The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Need some help and can t find anything related that helps. I have a 2000 Crew Cab short box K2500, just put a 6" Rough Country lift in and i have a vibration in the rear driveline and looking for some fixes.... Anyone else have this issue. The vibration is from a start to about 25-30mph. All U-joints have been replaced and i have also replaced the steady bearing. Do i shim the rear blocks? Lower the steady bearing? and if so how? or cut the steady bearing cross member out and get a custom 1 piece drive shaft? any help would be great

Bro first you need to drop some pics of said truck on us.

Once you've that, then you're probably looking at shimming to get the proper driveline angle.

That single piece driveshaft would also do it, and may be necessary on a 6" but my ccsb is up 4" in the rear on blocks and no vibes

Reaction score
Thats all i got for pics so far. After i put the lift in, it went straight to the alignment shop and exhaust shop and now its sitting at a so called reputable driveline shop which i feel like isnt gonna solve anything based on the calls i have had with them on the truck..

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
is the 4" block you have tapered? I feel like that is part of the problem.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thats all i got for pics so far. After i put the lift in, it went straight to the alignment shop and exhaust shop and now its sitting at a so called reputable driveline shop which i feel like isnt gonna solve anything based on the calls i have had with them on the truck..

goodness gracious..

yes my blocks are tapered slightly in the front. I went with a 4" Tuff Country lift.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
How mine sits on 33"

Here is my driveline angle into the rear diff

Not a great shot but gives you an idea

britts_gap

Reaction score
New guy here from east TN! Been lurking for a while but can’t seem to find an answer to my question, which full confession might be dumb.
My grandpaw just gave me his 1993 Chevy K1500 Ext Cab Z71. Strong motor and trans still just needs a lot of other work. Not a rookie but definitely not a pro when it comes to turning a wrench and know a little about these trucks from my 96 z71 I had in high school.

Alright onto the question! I’m wanting to put some 305/70R16 on this truck, stock rims. I know they’ll be tight at stock height and not wanting to crank the hell out of the torsion bars. Any good kits or anyone have a parts list I can piece together to give me a solid 3-4 inches of lift that keeps a good ride? Not wanting to go a full 6 inches and 35s. Just a little ground clearance with a better suspension. Looking for shock and leaf recommendations as well! Thanks for any help y’all can give!!

Slick1

Reaction score
Here's my stupid question. 94 blazer with 6" Superlift and 37s? I'm running 37s now but they're so warn down they're probably like 36s. New 37s next to them look right on the line where they'll either just fit or I'll rub the fender if I jump up into the truck too hard. Anyone running that combo without cutting?