The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've got a stupid lift question so this forum seemed perfect. I've got a 97 1500 and can have a 6 inch pro comp lift from a 98 3500 for free. Will any of the parts fit my 1500 or is everything different?

Dathan99

Reaction score
Aloha guys I’m new to this forum I have a 1999 gmt400 C1500 the centurion model it has the 454 big block . I was wondering if anyone knows if a regular 1988-1998 lift kit would fit my truck or do Would I have to individually buy parts to lift my truck I’m looking to lift it 4” and I want to stay away from body lifts I know my truck is pretty much a Frankenstein truck so I figure hope on and ask this question I’m not to sure if my suspension is a mixture of a 1500 and a 2500 I was maybe thinking doing a coil spacers or longer springs and shocks and block in the back is that possible? Need help y’all

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cuould I possibly convert my front suspension to torsion key cause mine is a rwd

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
No, frames are different in the front. It would be easier to swap your truck's body onto a 4WD frame.

nyvenom30

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the best option to lift the rear on the suburbans? i have the 8600gwv spring rate. 5 leafs in the rear, i carry a bunch of weight i have a cali rake, that i hate. i wanna get the truck to sit a little bit hire in the rear then the front. im goin with a 6" superlift kit. im trying to maintain a good ride for the road. but with the blocks a few leafs maybe?