The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SamE

Reaction score
If my truck came with a 3" body lift installed, would it be worth the effort to remove it in preparation for a future suspension lift? I don't like the look, and it doesn't give me any extra clearance which is all I'm really interested in (couldn't care less about aesthetics). I'm going for a pre-runner/overlanding setup eventually, if that helps answer the question at all.

nyvenom30

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 3" body lift should give u clearance for sure. Ur raising the body 3" inches off the frame. What suspension lift are u thinking about. I recently bought a superlift k274 so super lucky. I also grabbed the shackle flip from ORD.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
94 ecsb 2wd with fabtech lift spindles and upper control arms. Factory lower arms

Im wondering has anyone seen coil overs for lifted 2wds? All I can find info for is lowered truck applications.

Jareth

Reaction score
Post here if you have a simple question. This will help keep track of common info and reduce clutter.

I want to run 22s with low profile tires. I’m not looking to lower or lift just want a good look

thank you for your time

Ramblin Rose

Reaction score
I have 94 Sierra K1500 4wd and I’m looking to add a 4” suspension lift. Looks like BDS has a good reputation but all I can find is 6” lift kit from them.

Any recommendations? Travel down to Baja quite a bit and looking for a quality lift kit that won’t totally bankrupt me but I also don’t want something short lived. Any help would be greatly appreciated

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 94 Sierra K1500 4wd and I’m looking to add a 4” suspension lift. Looks like BDS has a good reputation but all I can find is 6” lift kit from them.

Any recommendations? Travel down to Baja quite a bit and looking for a quality lift kit that won’t totally bankrupt me but I also don’t want something short lived. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have a 6” BDS on my Yukon, but I only have it cranked to about 4.5” (rear blocks, no added leaf) which gives me nearly flat lower control arm and cv angles. I have also added a 9.25 front diff which changed the cv angle slightly, but that is a different story. I don’t think you could go wrong with BDS, although they aren’t cheap. The BDS components are well built and the tall knuckle/new upper control arm are more solid than the relocation brackets of some other kits (just my opinion having been a mechanic for many years and trying to perform alignments on a few that had twisted/sagged giving negative camber and poor tire wear).

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should add that if you run the BDS 6” kit at a lower height like this you will want to modify the lower bump stops as they will be under more compression at ride height thereby stiffening the suspension and wearing out the stops. The factory stops contribute to load capacity on many of these trucks and are not simply there to prevent the control arm from hitting metal on metal. There are different styles of lower stops that are thinner and won’t have this issue.