The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zanter22

Reaction score
How is the rear dome light bezel in a Tahoe removed. Can't seem to find any instructors and don't want to break it trying. Thanks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How is the rear dome light bezel in a Tahoe removed. Can't seem to find any instructors and don't want to break it trying. Thanks.

Depends, what year is the truck? Square older dome housing or new rounded one?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you look along the long sides of the center lens, there's a tiny gap in the middle where you can fit a very small flat head screwdriver. Wiggle it up in there and gently press inward and down, that will release the clip and allow you to drop the lens. You may have to kind of do it on both sides at the same time but mine will always drop just messing with one.

Zanter22

Reaction score
If you look along the long sides of the center lens, there's a tiny gap in the middle where you can fit a very small flat head screwdriver. Wiggle it up in there and gently press inward and down, that will release the clip and allow you to drop the lens. You may have to kind of do it on both sides at the same time but mine will always drop just messing with one.
Awesome thanks man

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're welcome! The bulb size is a 211-2 festoon if you don't have a replacement already.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I've seen many bulb numbers for these things. To put it simply the center dome is a 42mm festoon. And the clicker maps on each side are rigid loop 42mm festoons. Yes you can get LEDs for them. Yes there is a clear center dome lens. It's available on LMCtruck for about ten bucks. If you would ever consider converting to LEDs I'm your guy. And the screwdriver trick is literally the only way to get those lenses off. Shouldn't be too difficult. The lenses are pretty resilient. Too bad the 95+ heater control clips aren't hahaha

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

Zanter22

Reaction score
I've seen many bulb numbers for these things. To put it simply the center dome is a 42mm festoon. And the clicker maps on each side are rigid loop 42mm festoons. Yes you can get LEDs for them. Yes there is a clear center dome lens. It's available on LMCtruck for about ten bucks. If you would ever consider converting to LEDs I'm your guy. And the screwdriver trick is literally the only way to get those lenses off. Shouldn't be too difficult. The lenses are pretty resilient. Too bad the 95+ heater control clips aren't hahaha

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.
Hey I'm trying to convert my Tahoe to leds and ran into a problem with the power mirror switch. Do you know how to open the assembly to expose the the bulbs? This is as far as I got
You must be registered for see images

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta go from the top.

Zanter22

Reaction score
Gotta go from the top.

I see. So the middle knob just pops off. Also are the leds wired in parallel? Thanks.