The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe some do not have the internals for a light, but not completely sure about that. Here is one I did a LED upgrade on for a friend. Since I have a 91, the switches are different, so I would check and see if your switches have 4 connectors or just two, or just pop them open like shown in the pic to find out. I have only dealt with the one I upgraded, so that is all the experience I have with that particular switch.
You must be registered for see images attach

All of the 95+ cargo light switches i have messed with had lights in them. Gotta remember these switches are atleast 13+ years old so the bulb is probably burnt out.

TXDIRT67

Reaction score
All of the 95+ cargo light switches i have messed with had lights in them. Gotta remember these switches are at least 13+ years old so the bulb is probably burnt out.

Yeah I figured that, But I've only had to deal with the one switch for that particular year of truck. Thought I remembered reading that some did not have a connection for a backlight, but I may be wrong. I've replaced hundreds of bulbs in radios, switches etc over the years, they arent made to last forever, especially in trucks that get a lot of bumps and such, those fragile bulb elements can go at anytime, even more likely if they are on when you hit a bump.

Wish the older truck switches had illuminated labels on them.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Man, I had a ***** of a time replacing the one in my 97. It appeared to me that the damn bulb was soldered into the switch.

Frankp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures of the switch. I've got the four connectors so looks like I'll be taking mine apart this weekend. Thanks again

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a quick question about the moonie gauges. Did they come with the little lines on them or were they an add on, because mine are plain?!

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a quick question about the moonie gauges. Did they come with the little lines on them or were they an add on, because mine are plain?!

The lines were '88-'89 gauges. Without are '90-'91 gauges.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't actually mind having the lines but I'm not making an effort to get them, unless I find them at a junkyard for a good deal.