The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Those black wing looking things? I think they're some kind of interior speed but for the mounting screws, to keep them in place during initial assembly. I saw them when I got one of these lights at the yard a couple weeks ago.

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that makes a direct fit replacement for the 88-94 climate control? Even if I have to rewire it that's fine but I just want one that fits in that area on the dash. Or am I stuck with getting this refurbished trash

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6

ThreeD

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Tahoe 2 Door 2wd. My front seat belts need replaced. Will seat belts from any OBS Truck/SUV work, or will they need to be from a 2 Door Tahoe? Thanks in advance.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
As far as mounting/lengths, 400 seat belts are 400 seat belts.
IIRC, there was a discussion here a while ago about a diff between the Square dash/Round dash trucks with the shape of the male connection & it's coordinating female receiver being different between the two versions.
Buy the belts in complete sets.
I believe that the electrical connectors are the same between the two.

ThreeD

Reaction score
As far as mounting/lengths, 400 seat belts are 400 seat belts.
IIRC, there was a discussion here a while ago about a diff between the Square dash/Round dash trucks with the shape of the male connection & it's coordinating female receiver being different between the two versions.
Buy the belts in complete sets.
I believe that the electrical connectors are the same between the two.
From what I have read, the seat belts from an OBS 2 Door Tahoe and the 88-98 extended cab GM trucks use the same hardware. Can anyone confirm this?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
GM is pretty consistent with part redundancy across build lines.
Not like them to have separate seat belt mounting hardware parts bins for the various 400 body styles.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought some junkyard seatbelts for my '88 C3500, and the hardware attaching the belts to the top of the b-pillar are different lengths. It's not terrible, and I don't have any issue using them, but it's about a 1/4" difference. I have no recollection what year trucks I got them from, but I'm pretty sure they were pickups.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I bought some junkyard seatbelts for my '88 C3500, and the hardware attaching the belts to the top of the b-pillar are different lengths. It's not terrible, and I don't have any issue using them, but it's about a 1/4" difference. I have no recollection what year trucks I got them from, but I'm pretty sure they were pickups.
Some of the early 400's have a non-adjustable B-pillar mount.
My '98 didn't come with the full length B-pillar plastics.
It has the adjustable mount, but the plastic pieces I installed weren't slotted for the adjustment. Just had to make sure that the mount was lined up with that single hole in the plastic.
That may account for that 1/4" diff in belt length.
I've never encountered an issue due to that, though.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None of the trucks I dug around in had adjustable b-pillar mounts. Yes, the one on the right is bent.

You must be registered for see images attach