The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a 'Dorman' part. Packages of 6 on the rack. They can be bought in bulk. Ask the counter guy @ the parts store. Usually come in boxes of 20, 50, or 100+.

*edit* TylerZ281500 is quicker on the draw!
Thanks anyways! lol. They ain't on the rack though, I know this from the first time I looked for them. The rack has all universal nonsense that I couldn't even cobble on. But yeah, I'll stop by and ask the local parts guy for a pack of 20.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
we got the tiny tips and tricks on the interior stuff there Al!

I keep forgetting I'm not the only one here that works on interiors!
Sometimes I do or know things that are commonplace for me, but others look at what I did & say "How you do that?", & I've got to stop & think about it! How DID I do that? Lol!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You need to get yourself a sewing machine! A couple of good benches, a steamer, some hand tools, & start doing some work for your buddies. Small jobs for small bucks will get you experience in patterning, fitting, fabricating, time costs & estimates, & get you on the way to developing your own style.
People always ask me the wrong question. "Can ya do it?" Sure!
But that's the wrong question! The right question is "Have you ever done one before?" Well, how many '59 Porsche Speedsters are you gonna work on in your lifetime? Or '37 Packard Roadsters? Or a '23 LaSalle?
Get your basics down, rely on them, & anything is possible!
And yea, I've worked on all those cars. Including a top for the Porsche, including a zip out rear window like the original, from pix, outa $165.00/yard material! I had never done one before. Lotsa deep breathes before cutting into that!

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, use very good adhesive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk