The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E Double

Reaction score
Question: has anyone put 2000 Bonneville seats in a OBS C1500 single cab? If so, can you let me know or even send me a link? Thanks in advance

TBaganATX

Reaction score
I have done a ton of work to my 94, along with out sourcing some stuff. I have a big gap under the cluster bezel as well as the bezel. I can't recall if it is supposed to be this way. It's driving me crazy!!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Post here if you have a simple question. This will help keep track of common info and reduce clutter.

I have a 91 stepside and I ordered a set of leather bucket seats from a 2007 yukon without thinking about the fitment. Im fine with drilling holes and making some bugs for the inner most bolts but will the outers line up with the existing mounts? I haven't received the seats yet so I don't know the dimensions of the mounting holes. I blew 500 dollars and now I'm worried lol

Anyone have any input or experience with it?

2001ZR2

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1174 previous post with simple questions and now I will ask mine. I was able to pull the console, cluster and temp/compass mirror from a 1999 Escalade.

I can easily attach the console to the points on my 1997 Suburban but are there mounts for the front bolts from the Escalade and if not do I need them?

I have the fog light switch for the dash from the Escalade and the fog lights including harness back the underhood connector from a 2000 Tahoe do I need the part that goes back to the convenience center?

Besides the behind the grill is there any part of the harness I need from the temp/compass mirror?

Cheyenee35

Reaction score
First time posting on this forum. I hope I'm proposing this question in the correct place.

1995 Chevrolet K3500 dually with the 6.5TD and NV4500 crew cab long bed.

In the fuse panel located on the left(driver's side) of the dash there are two auxiliary circuits. Top is always hot, bottom is hot with key on. Neither in use from the factory, currently no fuses in them, both have power running to them.

I'd like to use one of these for wiring up electric/power seats (seat bases are from a '99 Suburban). I can follow the wires until they go into the wiring loom. From there I have no idea where they go.

Q1: Should I use the always-hot or keyed circuit; how did the factory wire the seats?

Q2: Any idea where the wires run to under the dash? Maybe to one of the terminals on the fuse block under the dash behind the parking brake pedal assembly (called a convenience center maybe??).

I apologize if this question has already been answered in the forum. I spent a good amount of time searching before posting.

Thanks in advance for any help with figuring this out. Getting the seats wired in will get me a step closer to finishing this seat swap project. The short of it is that I combined seats from two different trucks and have hours/days sunk into it. Some of you would probably have this finished in an afternoon.

Last edited:

Cheyenee35

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll reach out to him and see if it is doable. I know when I signed up it said that user names could not be changed. I hate to be a problem. Wonder if the account could be deleted and I could create a new one with the correct spelling. Right out of the gate and I'm already causing problems.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Keyed power for the heaters. Turn the truck off, the heaters don't stay on & burn down your rig.
Constant for the power adjust. Those motors aren't on long enough to generate any heat. Factory-sized wire gauge should be fine. Nice to be able to move the seat without the truck running.
As far as the factory wiring goes...dunno. My wrecker-find seats were in terrible shape when I got 'em. Needed recovering.
When the covers were pulled, found that the heaters were questionable, so I didn't wire them in.
Got the power for the adjust from an open port on the stereo's power distribution block under the passenger seat. Grounded each to it's seat riser floor bolts. Been that way for 17 years. No probs.