The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kper

Reaction score
In response to my own post above I discovered something disturbing regarding my power mirrors. There is a local junk yard that specializes in 4x4's so I figured I just stop there and cut out this short section of harness that I need to get my mirrors working again. They must have had 15-20 94 to 99 K1500's there and not one had the shrink wrapped section in the driver's door. I'm about ready to dissect it.

illinoisboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So i'm not really wanting to make a new thread about this, so I figured I would ask it in here. Recently my left turn signal has been clicking fastly like there is a bulb out, but they are all fine and in working order. Then one day it just randomly slowed down for a minute while at a stoplight, but then sped back up. Does this mean I have a ground problem or does any one know what else it could be? Just thought i would ask before i start working on it.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
So i'm not really wanting to make a new thread about this, so I figured I would ask it in here. Recently my left turn signal has been clicking fastly like there is a bulb out, but they are all fine and in working order. Then one day it just randomly slowed down for a minute while at a stoplight, but then sped back up. Does this mean I have a ground problem or does any one know what else it could be? Just thought i would ask before i start working on it.

Sounds like a ground issue to me, I had a bulb that would rattle out of its connection, causing me a fast blink, everytime I stopped to look around the truck all the lights were working and signal would be blinking at a normal pace. Was annoying finding that one.

Question of my own:
How do you set your radio station presets on the 95+ radio or headunit whatever you call it

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been so long since I have had a stock deck.
I think you hold it down for 3 seconds or so.

CHIMPY

Reaction score
So for Chimpy's stupid question of the day! We've been having a few storms as of late and the last one I drove in my wipers were working great but all of the sudden they'd start acting up. I'd turn the wheel and they would stop but I'd straighten the wheel back and they'd work again. I then put my brights on and it seemed like it shorted out almost everything electronic in the truck except the lights.

So do you think it could just be the signal assembly or might I have a bigger problem than that? I'll be taking her to autozone after this next storm and pulling the steering wheel and checking the assembly out if they have a replacement on hand. But just trying to get a mindset on what it might be before i spend a couple of hours in a parking lot tearing her apart again.

Flames

Reaction score
This question was asked on the first page but I didn't see an answer, What controls the odometer because mine sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, and sometimes goes backwards. The speedo works most of the times but sometime it will say I'm doing like 20 when I know I'm doing more like 40-45 and a few times it didn't work at all. Where would I start to try to fix these problems? I have an 89 K1500 350 4 spd auto silverado edition

Jason

stevesZ71

Reaction score
stupid question here. how do you remove an aftermarket radio on these trucks? here is my situation. I have an old out dated pioneer tape player. going to up grade to a dual indash that I got from a friend, what all do I need to install the indash? I have the "removal'' tool they sell at wally world. OR do I have to start all over again if I do..then how?