The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emil

Reaction score
I've had a problem lately on my 92 silve 1500. Only happens at night since thats when I have the headlights on. When I drive for more than 30 mins or so straight the headlights have started flashing on and off. I've tried flashing the brights on and off which might sometimes stop it but usually it starts right back up. I'll turn the lights off completely for a few seconds which might sometimes stop it. Think it might be the headlight switch or maybe wiring in the steering column or a combination of both? THanks in advance!

I havent read through every post in this thread yet mainly because it just happened again and its almost midnight so i'm too lazy to ready through 19 pages since i have work early in the morning lol. Thanks again!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I've had a problem lately on my 92 silve 1500. Only happens at night since thats when I have the headlights on. When I drive for more than 30 mins or so straight the headlights have started flashing on and off. I've tried flashing the brights on and off which might sometimes stop it but usually it starts right back up. I'll turn the lights off completely for a few seconds which might sometimes stop it. Think it might be the headlight switch or maybe wiring in the steering column or a combination of both? THanks in advance!

I havent read through every post in this thread yet mainly because it just happened again and its almost midnight so i'm too lazy to ready through 19 pages since i have work early in the morning lol. Thanks again!

I had a 93 K15oo in the shop that did this also. I traced the wiring to the bulkhead connector on the passenger side. Corrosion had caused a intermittant break in the power wire. Next time the lights drop out, grab hold of the harness coming through the firewall on the passenger side. if they come back on or stay off completely, that may be the cause.

Hope this helps

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the oil pressure/water pressure/voltage gauges and whatever other gauges on the dash controlled by the ECM because I am going to carved and getting rid of the ECM.

Nyborg

Reaction score
My spedometer is 5 mph ahead of what i'm really doing. Any solutions to fix that?

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have stock wheels and tires?
If you have over sized wheels it can throw off the speedo.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I put a new fuel tank, pump, and sending unit in the truck and now it seems like my fuel gage moves around a lot. Usually around turns and such. Any ideas on why?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Carzy90

Reaction score
Are the Auxillary power studs A & B (in the underhood fuse/relay panel) a keyed power source (as in only when truck is running) or constant? I'm just trying to hook up some fog lights haha.

Carzy90

Reaction score
My spedometer is 5 mph ahead of what i'm really doing. Any solutions to fix that?

Are your tires the original size? My truck is supposed to have 265/75r16, but the dealer I bought it from put 245's on. My speedo does the same thing.

Kper

Reaction score
My outside rear view mirrors aren't working and I've traced the issue to this... thingy... next to the mirror switch. Power comes in the door through the orange wire next to what I think is the ground wire (brown). It goes through a connector to this shrink wrapped gizmo between my index and middle fingers (with 180* bend) then into the switch. It loses power in this shrink wrapped thing.

Anyone know what it is and how to repair it?

You must be registered for see images attach