The reasons craigslist sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Here it's not so much scams, as it is people that can't post a decent ad (pics sideways, all caps, NO CONTACT INFO, or just a complete jarbled together list of words that not even foremost language experts can decipher), or think their 200K rusted out vehicle is worth a only few thousand less than showroom floor price.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I feel your pain there! Its hard to buy a vehicle from someone who can't read or write.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I feel your pain there! Its hard to buy a vehicle from someone who can't read or write.

Yup!, i hate people who cant get a decent photo of a vehicle, stand back and get the whole thing in the picture!!!

I would rather see one nice shot of the truck/car then 20 ty shots!

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are tons of those on Craigslist... I hate that crap.

When I lived back in Kentucky I loved the $10k vehicles I'd see for $2k. The pictures of them had palm trees in the background. :lol:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Not getting the full item in the picture is what ****** me off the most. :mad:

That or finding out the part you want was sold weeks before and they disn't take off the ad. I know people make mistake but it makes me mad.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thats a bad *** truck though haha

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
What i hate even more is retards who reply to your ad.

Currently selling a 454, super complete, literally only missing fan and aircleaner (Literally had the vacuum lines when i bought it), #8 piston is seized from sitting, engine has never been rebuilt, includes everything, im asking $450 hoping to get $300ish.

Dude #1

-Sends email "what is it out of and what year"
-Right off the bat i realize he is hoping im a retard and im selling a LS6 454 or something rare.
-I reply with, 1976 1/2ton 2wd
-He replys with, "Was looking for something 1970 or older"
-First off, 1970 was first year of 454, was not available in trucks that year, in other words, he is hoping i have one out of a Chevelle or some muscle car (rare)
-I didn't even reply, not worth my time.

Dude #2

-sends email "$200 cash"
-First off, i hope to god you are dealing in cash, i dont take credit or cheque...
-I reply "$300 and it's yours!"
-replys "Meet me halfway $250 cash"
-Again with this cash thing?, i didnt realize i said $300 OBO?, I am thinking of replying with "Tell ya what, $350 and it is yours" and when he replys with "$300 is fine", ill say "Sorry, Price is $350"

Dude #3

-sends email "Interested in a trade?"
-"Sure, what do you have?"
-"400 SBC"
-"Anything done to it?, running?"
-"Doesn't run, it spun a rod bearing and has been sitting for years outside, completely seized"
-"Sorry man, not interested"
-"You willing to take cash offers?"
-"Of course!"
-"I have $100"
-"Make it $300 and she is yours"
-"I only have $100, i only need it for parts like the bolts and stuff, i dont need the whole motor"
-"Not my problem, I will take $300, thats as low as i will go"
-"Dude, I only need the head bolts and the bolts on the crank" (Im thinking he means main bolts? rods?)
-"Ohhhh, okay, ill sell you just those bolts!"
-"Thank god! will you take $14?" (He actually said this, not a typo!)
-"No sorry man, $300, includes a complete engine"
-I haven't heard back! but seriously, not my problem!

I dont need to sell this thing!, just trying to make some room, i realize $450 is abit high, but $300 for a ultra complete virgin 454? thats a deal IMHO.

Last edited:

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I cant stand these people on cl... If you do not have my asking price, in cash, sitting in front of you when you reply to my ad, I don't want to hear from you. Nothing against a little negotiation or a decent trade offer, but these folks that are broke hoping im gonna sell my stuff cheap because they have some sob story get under my skin.