This ABS Sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I turn it all off, I can't stand the nannies when I'm wringing its neck. When I first started going to the track I'd leave them on or use comp mode, but once I got to know the car I just leave them off. And I've been racing the Camaro since 2013 and it doesn't have any either. Sometimes the Corvette just wants to squirm (I run it on street tires) and it's very easy to hang onto it while doing so, and the car deciding to cut power on me is just the worst. It killed my friend's last run at the aforementioned autox event. Would have killed mine too if I'd left it on.

Yeah, I felt like that too until I spun off and ended up resting about 1 foot from a wall. :)

Once I put some 200TW tires on I found I didn't really have the HP anymore to get into serious trouble.

Anyways, sorry for the thread derail OP!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought my truck, it had almost identical issues as OP first posted. Unplugged ABS module and they acted more “normal”. I bled the system with a scan tool and haven’t had a single issue in 7 years or however long it’s been…

Last edited:

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My ABS failed. Not the ABS unit, but the proportioning valve attached to it. Driving on the freeway, I hit the brakes and nothing happened. It did this twice. I said screw that, its becoming an old truck brake system. I'm not throwing a used ABS system back on this truck nor am I Purchasing a GM Tech 2 scanner to bleed the system. I deleted it, plumbed the fronts directly into the MC, used an adjustable proportioning valve for the rears. Stopped a lot better. Then, installed hydroboost, 1 ton calipers, and installed NBS 03 silverado rear disc brakes onto my 14 bolt rear end. My truck stops amazing! Just as good or better as my buddies 2012 Silverado vortec max.