The Offroad Wheel and Tire Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Yes because no license is gonna keep me from driving just like taking guns from citizens is gonna stop violent crime. I'm gonna drive i ve never hurt anyone the only crimes I've committed are victimless. So what gives you the to say take my license? Just asking?
It's a victimless crime until it becomes otherwise. I'm not gonna tell you how to drive but since I nearly lost both my mother and my unborn brother back in 2003 to some one who thought it was okay to fly down a highway without paying attention, I'm going to tell you that driving that fast on anything other then track is STUPID. Not only could you kill yourself, you could seriously hurt or kill someone else. Just be smart and be safe. Otherwise your victimless crime could turn the other way and you'll make the local news.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a victimless crime until it becomes otherwise. I'm not gonna tell you how to drive but since I nearly lost both my mother and my unborn brother back in 2003 to some one who thought it was okay to fly down a highway without paying attention, I'm going to tell you that driving that fast on anything other then track is STUPID. Not only could you kill yourself, you could seriously hurt or kill someone else. Just be smart and be safe. Otherwise your victimless crime could turn the other way and you'll make the local news.

I am sorry to hear that and i completely agree that driving like that around people especially if you dont have the discipline to pay attention. You will not find me acting like that with people around unless i have an emergency. Normally im cruise set at 70 unless im in a hurry then i will be 5-10 mph faster than traffic. I completely respect people's right to travel safely down the without someone either hurting them because of stupidity or simply scaring them because of their speed.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Why is that? Im just asking what gives you the right to feel as though i dont deserve. Who have i hurt and what did i do wrong? And its all the same concept i just feel that if you haven't done any wrong doing. You should be allowed to do what you want. It is a "free country" is it not?
Gives me the right? I have the "right" to feel however I want, don't i? Did I say you've hurt anyone? If it was up to me taking your lisence would be a preventative measure. Better safe than sorry right? It is not the same concept in any way. Also yes it's a free country but we still have laws.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So should certain people serve life sentences because could possibly kiil someone one day? I'm not trying to say that you dont have the right. I'm just trying to get your reasoning. On what grounds would you take my license.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
So should certain people serve life sentences because could possibly kiil someone one day? I'm not trying to say that you dont have the right. I'm just trying to get your reasoning. On what grounds would you take my license.
The grounds that you are endangering others and infastructure. I'd hate to see you kill someone else of mess up a bridge or light pole or somthing.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok on the killing someone bs read back a few post back and pay close attention to what you read. I'll even tell you again if you see me going that fast its an emergency. The only way you'll ever know is if you hear me. I'm not that idiot that is putting other people in harms way. You are either hard headed and refuse to understand that or you are just simply running your head about something you have no idea about either way it leads back to incompetence in this argument. As for the infrastructure i do pay taxes and my insurance will have to pay for it. So i will have paid for it twice. And does weather not endanger this same infrastructure? We should take its license also. Tell you what if you pull that one off i give you my license and truck. But hey maybe i shouldn't have a license if we go with your logic i should be locked up anyway because I thought of causing harm to someone

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ok on the killing someone bs read back a few post back and pay close attention to what you read. I'll even tell you again if you see me going that fast its an emergency. The only way you'll ever know is if you hear me. I'm not that idiot that is putting other people in harms way. You are either hard headed and refuse to understand that or you are just simply running your head about something you have no idea about either way it leads back to incompetence in this argument. As for the infrastructure i do pay taxes and my insurance will have to pay for it. So i will have paid for it twice. And does weather not endanger this same infrastructure? We should take its license also. Tell you what if you pull that one off i give you my license and truck. But hey maybe i shouldn't have a license if we go with your logic i should be locked up anyway because I thought of causing harm to someone
Exactly you are a danger to other people. There is no time where the is only one car on the road. I repeat. Never is there a time. It's hard to have a conversation with someone who keeps spouting nonsense about the weather and gun control in an argument that has nothing to do with either.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Wet traction is fairly imperative to me to. How did the GY duratrac at high speeds were they loud or floaty and if so what load rating and psi? I have my truck at 100mph often so high speed is very important to me. One mistake by me or tire malfunction means another gmt400 lost and possibly me to

This is all I see. Nothing in there says in an emergency only. Just that you have your truck at 100 often. How many emergencies do you have?

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not many you dont see in an emergency only because that would be a lie. If im on a long straight road and i dont see any other vehicles you can bet I'm putting it on the floor. But if i see vehicles i shut it down. I choose low population areas at times that very few people are on the roads period. What i dont see is why I'm such a bad person for having. I'm responsible enough to keep it away from other drivers. Im not hurting anyone. Why not just leave it at that. At this point i ve cost me money in gas. Who's really being affected by it.