The Offroad Wheel and Tire Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what its worth I had my 33" duratracs to 120 when my grandma went in the hospital a couple weeks ago. Was a scary ride at 2am ad I dont plan on doing it again.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My main concern with all this speed talk is the tire speed ratings. If you're the only one on the road then fine, whatever, do what you feel. It's a free country until you get caught... But please make sure you're running R speed rated tires or better at 100+mph.

mackguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the OP here it says with stock suspension you can run 285... but doesn't specify aspect ratio.

I'm looking at what's the best reasonable tire size for my stock height K1500 Suburban. It came with 245/75, and currently has 265/70 (which are basically same diameter as stock).

I'm not looking to go crazy with height, just stock height suspension, stock wheels, but want to fill out the wheel wells a little more, and get a bit more aggressive look.

Was considering going to 235/85 or 265/75 (which are both just under 32"), but if I can go a little larger I might.

But also have 3.42 rear end, so don't want to overdo it there either.

I'm thinking tall and narrow might be a little better for fuel economy, but wider might give a little more stability.. Would probably go with the wider width if it will fit fine with stock wheels and height.

Daniel907

Reaction score
I run a 265/75/16 on my pickup. Had to raise the front ride height just a touch to account for bumps at full lock. But other than that no issues.

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You would want something with at least an R speed rating. That kind of limits you to highway tread tires. Michelin makes truck tires with S and T ratings but definitely not aggressive by any means

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Im Lifting my dually 4.5" via Spindle lift, Tires are in bad shape, perfect time to put bigger tires on. as far as I know the Alcoa rims are 16"x6" will a 33x10.5 tire fit on those rims?

I have 235/85/16 on there now, it would look like the dually skipped leg day if I go the same size after the lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im Lifting my dually 4.5" via Spindle lift, Tires are in bad shape, perfect time to put bigger tires on. as far as I know the Alcoa rims are 16"x6" will a 33x10.5 tire fit on those rims?

I have 235/85/16 on there now, it would look like the dually skipped leg day if I go the same size after the lift.

They'll fit, they might look a little bulged on those rims. Typically want a 7" rim for 10.5" width tires