The Offroad Wheel and Tire Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wet traction is fairly imperative to me to. How did the GY duratrac at high speeds were they loud or floaty and if so what load rating and psi? I have my truck at 100mph often so high speed is very important to me. One mistake by me or tire malfunction means another gmt400 lost and possibly me to

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Duratracs were not ideal for high speed interstate travel. I aired them up a little and they were no better, even with the shorter sidewall of a measured 32.5 on an 18" wheel.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I run Duratracs and they are my favorite tire to date. My truck never see's anything higher than 75-80 though (it doesn't see anything high than 0, atm). I have no experience with any Nitto's or Toyo's.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I run Duratracs and they are my favorite tire to date. My truck never see's anything higher than 75-80 though (it doesn't see anything high than 0, atm). I have no experience with any Nitto's or Toyo's.

If you ran a more tame AT of the same size, you'd notice a night and day difference in your highway manners and driveability.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Wet traction is fairly imperative to me to. How did the GY duratrac at high speeds were they loud or floaty and if so what load rating and psi? I have my truck at 100mph often so high speed is very important to me. One mistake by me or tire malfunction means another gmt400 lost and possibly me to

Then slow down...lol..

I wonder why people feel the need to tell the world about their unsafe driving habits while at the same time acknowledging it is dangerous...

Last edited:

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score

What is your reasoning for driving so fast? Unless you are on the track, in which case you should run a ST tire, those kind of speeds on public roads is just stupid. You are putting not only yourself, but anyone around you, life's at risk.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Wow..

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score

I don't drive 100 mph in my 4x4's, so I really can't answer. I get up to 80-85 with the flow of traffic and they're fine in all weather, to me.

When the weather is bad, my GF drives the Trailblazer, because it's more stable and less twitchy in slush and rain than her MKZ.

They are far supperior to the Goodyear Forterra's I had on the same Trailblazer, and good amount better than the Safari TSR's I had on my TJ previously.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To all those who want to try and tell me how to drive. I'm sure at 2-3 in the morning the only person i affect is the state trooper that gets woke up by his radar detector beeping. And anyone else out there should stop driving invisible vehicles that's really unsafe. And judging by y'alls reaction if i do wreck out there y'all will be glad to know that i do not plan on limping away from anything

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
To all those who want to try and tell me how to drive. I'm sure at 2-3 in the morning the only person i affect is the state trooper that gets woke up by his radar detector beeping. And anyone else out there should stop driving invisible vehicles that's really unsafe. And judging by y'alls reaction if i do wreck out there y'all will be glad to know that i do not plan on limping away from anything

So you have a death wish. Good luck to you.