The Hoopty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have to cut my port out and crawl inside my box to see if I can't fine which sub the wire fell out of

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh I haven't known that feeling since 1994, lol. That's the year I redid my 87 hardbody nissan and spent too much money on a vehicle that took only 15yrs to rust until nothing but the body kit, vert top, and frame rails were left....oh and the whale tail, but technically it broke off when a friend leaned against it a few years ago. That truck used the bed as the box with (4) 18's pushed by (4) RF 500rms amps. I'll never do that to a truck again, atleast not a mini truck....fullsize maybe, the bed is much bigger.

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There will be plenty of pics and vids I have a show coming up soon

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
damn this thing has fallen behind

got a little done today on the dash but i have yet more bad news
looks burnt up to me
You must be registered for see images

more dash work

brace for the back window

getting there

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

i also have some door actuators for power door locks ftw

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was no smoke and the amp I was sent to begin with was perfectly fine I was just using the wring type of RCA cable me and Jacob are trying to figure out what could be wrong with this one

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh, ya thinking bad rca's were the original cause? That sucks man, I had to replace the ends on my nephew's rca cables a couple weeks ago, the positive signal wire on both came disconnected from the posts. It was just weird, so you were needing the long post rca cables?

When i say smoked, I really just mean it burnt up....but it hasn't burnt up has it? If the external part of plug(negative side) isn't making good contact, it will cut-out with vibrations, but I don't see it being high enough power to cause the amp to overheat. :shrugs:

zayres29

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This problem is completely unrelated to anything to do with the RCA cables I have no idea what's wrong I'll probably have to end up sending this one back too maybe I can get my hands on a prototype NS-1 (rated 6000 watts) rested power clamp from Jacob has been well over 7k