The fleet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Ok so two GMT400 threads was enough to keep track of. Now there's three in the collection, so everything is going into one thread.

You already know this truck:
You must be registered for see images attach

And this truck:

Green '94 is the daily. Needs a little work but I drive it and use it every day. The HD blew up last fall and I just got around to working on it.

Bought a parts truck along the way

If you cut the frame you can pull a 6.5, NV4500 and t case all at once

That motor is going in the HD. Unfortunately found serious play in the input shaft of the 2wd NV4500 that was in the HD, so out it came and found a few issues, off it went to get rebuilt. I don't have any other transmissions that would fit (I do have two complete, working NV4500 4x4 trans sitting in the shop at work. Life is good)

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Meanwhile, bought another one.

1993 K2500 eclb. 6.5 turbo, mechanical injected, 4L80e. PO broke the crank, pulled the motor and tranny and lost interest. Long story how the deal happened but she's sitting with no guts waiting for a plan. I've got a massive amount of 6.5 parts that came with it, plus the rebuilt 4L80e. She may end up getting one of my NV4500s instead. Kind of a back burner project until I get the other trucks fixed up.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Oh man that K2500 looks beautiful!
Perfect order for trucks too, K1500 for a Daily, K2500 for a daily/work truck, and a 3500HD for a work work truck.