The '98 trans gave up the ghost.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
The wife left this morning to visit family and made it 20ish miles from the house,she called saying that the suburban was not shifting into 3rd gear correctly and when it did it was slamming into 3rd gear.
I had her turn around and limp it home so we could swap her over to the '92 k1500. After I got her back on her way I took the suburban for a road test with the scanner hooked to it. No codes and I did not see anything out of the ordinary. Every thing points to the forward drum/clutch pack if I read Nicks write up correctly.Great,time for a tranny swap.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but 1993 was the swapover year from the 4L60 to the 4L60E. If your truck has a TV cable, it won't swap.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doh! Speed reading fail. She got out of the '98 and into the '92. Got it now. I'd bet the time and effort on the swap.

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Based on Nicks information in this thread, it sounds like it should swap. He's around here pretty often and an amazing resource. Check out his youtube channel as well.